Reviews for PRETTY MAIDS-Motherland...

after the absolutely BRILLIANT Pandemonium, I have HUGE expectations for this album...

This is a great disc...melodic metal bliss. I think it's even better than the highly acclaimed Pandemonium. This is also so much better than the hugely disappointing new Saxon album, and the bland yet ok Pink Cream 69 disc. I think it's a fair comparison to make between the new output of the 3 bands, particularly with Pretty Maids and Saxon since they are both consistent, album making/churning machines of a high level.

This is a great disc...melodic metal bliss. I think it's even better than the highly acclaimed Pandemonium. This is also so much better than the hugely disappointing new Saxon album, and the bland yet ok Pink Cream 69 disc. I think it's a fair comparison to make between the new output of the 3 bands, particularly with Pretty Maids and Saxon since they are both consistent, album making/churning machines of a high level.
I love the album, but it's not better than Pandemonium

Awesome album - definitely making my top 10 for the year. Only time will tell if it's better than Pandemonium though.

One complaint though - the song Infinity was tugging at my memory like I had heard it before. I finally made the connection today and, am I crazy, or are these two songs awfully similar??

Last edited by a moderator:
This is also so much better than the hugely disappointing new Saxon album, and the bland yet ok Pink Cream 69 disc. I think it's a fair comparison to make between the new output of the 3 bands, particularly with Pretty Maids and Saxon since they are both consistent, album making/churning machines of a high level.

Hugely disappointing new Saxon disc??? You must be the first one to say this. The reviews are mostly excellent, I love Sacrifice, and the people I played it liked it a lot as well. What's the problem of that album for you?

I kinda agree about the new PK 69, which I do find weaker than the latest few, even though surely not bad.

I like the new Pretty Maids a lot, but so far I think Pandemonium was better overall. But this could change with more listens.

Awesome album - definitely making my top 10 for the year. Only time will tell if it's better than Pandemonium though.

One complaint though - the song Infinity was tugging at my memory like I had heard it before. I finally made the connection today and, am I crazy, or are these two songs awfully similar??

There are surely some similarities. I'm not sure the guys would want to copy Nickelback on purpose though...I prefer the Pretty Maids one...:heh: