Reviews for Watershed

Pretty much. It's sad that theres metalheads out there who will listen to an opeth track thinking its great then hearing an acoustic/soft part suddenly, and going "omfg these guys aren't bruuuutal enough, this is so pussy"

It's disheartening to hear 80% of Watershed being completely alienated from anything they have ever done before. Sure it's a new direction, but what's missing is the metal portions that made Opeth such a dynamic force. It's not "retarded" to think "all I hear is prog rock with a side of metal" on an Opeth disc. I guess I am 1/10000000 who think their new direction is disturbing, but not in a good way.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what it would feel like to be let down by an Opeth album... hope that day never comes.

It's disheartening to hear 80% of Watershed being completely alienated from anything they have ever done before. Sure it's a new direction, but what's missing is the metal portions that made Opeth such a dynamic force. It's not "retarded" to think "all I hear is prog rock with a side of metal" on an Opeth disc. I guess I am 1/10000000 who think their new direction is disturbing, but not in a good way.

Are you serious? Most of the material in the new album is just a progression from their older material with a few new things added in (female vocals etc).
I'm glad they've re-visited their Still Life accoustic work. If you want a full blown metal album I would never recommend Opeth.