Vehemence - Reviews for the new album.

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
If you find a review, feel free to paste the link in this thread.

ULTIMATE METAL - IN ENGLISH

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2782763#post2782763

METAL TEMPLE - IN ENGLISH
http://www.metal-temple.com/review.asp?id=452

VOICE OF REASON - IN ENGLISH
http://www.voiceofreason.de/reviews_0304.htm

BLEEDING FOR METAL - IN DUTCH

YTSEJAM - IN ENGLISH
http://www.ytsejam.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=529

METAL GLORY MAGAZINE - IN GERMAN
http://metalglory.de/reviews.php?nr=1173

METAL INSIDE - IN GERMAN
http://www.metal-inside.de/mi/review/3518

METAL SPHERES - IN GERMAN
http://www.metalspheres.de/cdreviews.php?ID=566

Wretch: Old God Was Created review, but new to us.
Metal News: Old GWC Review
Metal Archives: Old The Thoughts From Which I Hide review
Eye of Shiva: Old GWC Review
Metal UK: New album news
Blood Chamber: New album news
Full Contact: Old GWC Review
Apex Harmonics: Vehemence Discography Page
Digitalmetal: All Shall Perish is compared to Vehemence
Metal Reigns: News on AZ Death Metal Fest
Metal Glory: Old GWC Review
MAXIMUM METAL: Old GWC Review

KNAC.COM: Vehemence Seattle Show Review - new
KAMP RADIO: Vehemence is number 1 on Tucson, AZ College radio.
Infernal Combustion: "Vehemence, Vomitory Logos Switched At Pressing Plant, Bands Fail To Notice" ???? I have been told this was a Parody site for Blabbermouth.net

Billboard.com: Find out what other releaes were released along with the new Vehemence album.

*If you are German, and a fan please feel free to translate these for us, there is only so much a computer translator can do.

I give you a short overview:
The (negative) points of critic are:
- The not very welldone screams
- There are to many average songs
- Some experiments went wrong (i.e. comb. Florida and Sweden)

The POSTIVE points:
- Good production
- Cool artwork (yeah!!)
- 3 really cool songs

(That are mainly the same I got. Some titles are really cool!! Think you'll get 7 out of 10.)

One questions - lyrics:
/ "You don't have to be afraid" and "Her beautyiful eyes"
Is that written in third person perspective (happened really) or only sick fantasy stuff?

I'm surprised everyone likes the production so much. I really dig the album and I think the songwriting is a step up, even from GWC, but sometimes I almost can't listen to it because of the production. The snare is way in the background, the toms don't exist, and sometimes the double bass is overpowering. I can't hear the bass at all, and Nate's vocals are very distant. The guitar is pretty good, but still kind of muddy. Reminds me of Lilitu's "Memorial" ... another great album marred by a dull production.

But, I hardly mean this as criticism to the band, since the music is seriously awe-inspiring at times, and just plain fucking great the rest of the time.

That's right...

Ok, here's my review (German, too):

- 8 of 10 points -

Na, dann schau mer mal...
Ich muss zugeben, ich hab mich vom grossartigen Cover zum Kauf verleiten lassen.
VEHEMENCE hatte zwar vor ca. 2 Jahren mit "God Was Created" (scheiss Coverartwork!) ein wenig Aufmerksamkeit bekommen,
aber gehört hatte ich die Platte bis dato noch nicht.
Tja, was soll ich sagen... der Bandname sagt Grindcore, aber das hier ist melodischer US-DeathMetal. Es gab zwar schon einige Bands, die vorher
entsprechende Elemente verwendet hatten, aber nicht in dieser fest integrierten Form.
Die ersten beiden Songs knallen ordentlich ("By your bedside" und "Kill for god" - gibt's aber auch als Download auf der Bandseite!),
dann lassen die Titel aber qualitativ etwas nach.
Man bemerkt auch schnell das schwache Rad am Wagen... der Frontmann.
Diese Growlgrunts sind absolut auswechselbar und die diesmal integrierten Schreie sind erstens zu weit im Hintergrund und zweitens
einfach nicht gut (wahrscheinlich deswegen). Auch die Texte sind teilweise mehr als bekloppt.
Ob nun Soldaten auf dem Kriegsfeld, Scheidungen der anderen Art oder gar die Verstümmelung und Vergewaltigung kleiner, katholischer Schulmädchen (Bonustrack "Your beautiful eyes")...
alle Themen um die sogar GoreGrind-Bands einen Bogen machen - dieser Kerl behandelt sie. Raus mit ihm, dann gibt's mehr Punkte!
Insgesamt verdient "Helping the world to see" aber (den)noch 8 Zähler!

To Deathgrinder: Thanks for the review, do you think we are worthy for an interview on your magazine, you guys got some of the coolest front covers. I see you also sell our God Was Created album, any chance you will be seeing our newest album?

BUY GOD WAS CREATED AT DEATHGRIND.DE LIFE MAIL ORDER

In Europe do most people frown upon American bands combining the Florida and Sweden metal together? We just write for ourselves and that’s how it comes out. Glad you like the production, and you are into the Wes Benscoter artwork. Which 3 songs are you into, and would you want us to play in your country?

This album is a realistic album, and covers all the problematic issues of the world. You don't have to be afraid anymore is a true crime story, a story about a Phoenix, Arizona police officer that murdered his family.

Her Beautiful Eyes is the bonus track of the album and doesn’t really have anything to do with the album as far as up to date music, but it covers the ideas of the sexual pedophiles that are in the catholic church. There for the album ties in lyrically with Helping The World To See.

To the J man: The toms don’t exist? I definitely hear them on this album, as compared to the last album. They are very natural drums on this album, they don’t sound like they are triggered. Yeah other people have said stuff about the bass not hitting the subwoofer that much. We went the direct way with the vocals, instead of over producing them, this album didn’t have a lot of personalities as God Was Created did, this direct way of vocals adds a different vibe to the album we thought.

Thanks for your opinions.

I agree that they don't sound triggered (besides the kick), which is an improvement. The production is growing on me, but I just can't hear the toms. It could be my stereo(s), though. Killer album, though ... your best so far. Overall, I just wish the snare and vocals had been brought up a bit.

:headbang:

@Vehemence
haha, nice that you like the cover, but hopefully you enjoyed even the content...

"You're worthy, you're worthy..." - remember this from Wayne's World?!
The problem the next issue will be out next week, so it's pretty late and we're totally booked out with interviews. Let's see what I can do (have to discuss with our interviewer-guy).

I liked the first 2 songs and one in the mid best so far.
So far, nice CDs...
even if some lyrics are.... ahm problematic to handle. you know?!

You can order the CD here too (a friend of me - I'm webmaster there): wintermoon-shop.de

PS: Man, you're pretty addicted.... looking to your board-activities (;