Vehemence In Search For New Vocalist

Jan 8, 2002
vehemence.brutaldeath.net
Vehemence is now in search for a new vocalist. Longtime vocalist/lyricist Nathan Gearhart has stepped down due to family obligations, and we now need a powerful frontman to fill his shoes. He will be missed, but at the same time we are excited to have some new blood in the band. We are currently looking for someone who will be fully committed to shows, practices, and tours and must have great stage presence. We DO NOT want a Nathan clone, and would prefer someone who can bring something new to our sound. No matter what 'scene' you are from, if you are an extreme metal vocalist, get in touch! The goal is to expand, and reach a wider audience with our new vocalist so if you are interested, please email us at vehemence@vehemence.com.

Sincerely,

Bjorn, John, Andy, and Mark of Vehemence

Nathan-HouseofBlues3-21-03.jpg

Leave a comment at http://www.myspace.com/vehemence

Merloch said:
Not to be a dick or anything, but was the hair cutting a prelude to this?
:Smug: i doubt it seeing as 3 other members of the band have short hair...

Though i heard that he cut his hair for his new job... that may have something to do with why he left.

I am very upset by this... but ya know, i trust the remaining vehemence members to make a good choice on a new vocalist

BTW, i do a kick ass Abbath style scream :D

I’m going to miss Nathan very much. His vocals were on my list for the best death metal vocals of this century. He has a great personality that will be sorely missed, and has been a true friend as long as I have known him. Well with new blood, Vehemence will strive forth with an onslaught of creative new ideas and strive to succeed beyond its successors so to speak. I have been talking to some experienced vocalists that are well known already, and we may have a temporary vocalist already for the job for upcoming shows. While that’s going on we are seeking permanent new blood, just some one with the energy to jump into the crowd with the mic, have great stage presence and use all corners of the stage for the presentation at hand. Vocalist could be from the metal & hardcore scenes, doesn’t really matter as long as we think it will compromise with our music. Please get in touch with us and email vehemence@vehemence.com - John

nathan1.jpg

I was wondering when you were finally gonna post this news.
That was the main reason I was upset on missing your show @ The Marquee, cuz I knew that was gonna be the last Nathan show.
I figured y'all were gonna announce it onstage or something. But when I talked to Rob he said you guys didn't even mention it.

expand on our sound?? this has me alittle nervous and if you contemplate searching within the modern hc scene, all you have are vocalist mixing brutal and emoish clean vocals. \\

good luck nathan with his family life and new job.

good luck vehemence with the vocalist search.

Nathan has to be the hardest vocalist to ever replace. He is deffinetly one of the best death metal vocalists I've ever heard and he always makes it an awesome show on stage and off stage. I wish he could still do vocals for you guys, but hopefully he will go watch you guys at some AZ shows if he can make them.

nathan2.jpg

:( im one sad panda...he rocked so hard! and hes such a cool guy....i totally plan on seeing you guys again when i can but its gonna be weird without him....i hope you guys find someone who can fill his very hard to fill shoes....
I would not mind if it was like Brian Fair from Shadows Fall, Darkest Hour, or a stronger form of Hatebreed/Born from Pain/Heaven Shall Burn Vocals.
man...find someone who fits your sound....a good deathy growler would do!

Dang, I enjoyed his vocal works, better than the majority of Death Metal vocalists out there at the moment, hopefully you can find someone to fill his shoes.