VEHEMENCE Announce New Vocalist - Feb. 4, 2005

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
VEHEMENCE Announce New Vocalist - Feb. 4, 2005 Arizona-based death metallers VEHEMENCE have announced the addition of singer Sean Vandegrift (ex-FROM A SECOND STORY WINDOW) to the group's ranks.

"We are excited as to what [Sean] will bring to VEHEMENCE, and what the future holds in store," the band said in a statement. "Catch Sean's debut with VEHEMENCE on tour with CREMATORIUM, THE RED DEATH, and LOSA starting this April. We also have a West Coast run in March with THINE EYES BLEED, with temporary vocalist Bryan Edwards from CLIFTON helping us out before Sean gets settled in."

VEHEMENCE's third studio album, "Helping The World To See", is available now through Metal Blade Records. The follow-up to 2002's "God Was Created" was produced by Will Solares and VEHEMENCE at Open Primary Productions/DBD Studios in Maricopa, Arizona. Mixing duties were handled by Will Solares. Artwork was conceived by Wes Benscoter.

SeanVandegrift-Vehemence.jpg

Vehemence would like to thank all the people that have submitted vocal try-outs and it is greatly appreciated! At this time we would like to announce that our new vocalist is Sean Vandegrift, former vocalist for From A Second Story Window (Blackmarket Activities/Metalbade). We are excited as to what he will bring to Vehemence, and what the future holds in store. Catch Sean's debut with Vehemence on tour with Crematorium, The Red Death, and Losa starting this April. We also have a west coast run in March with Thine Eyes Bleed (The End Records), with temporary vocalist Bryan Edwards from Clifton (www.cliftonrock.com), helping us out before Sean gets settled in. A complete list of tour dates will be up very soon so check back at www.vehemence.com to see when we'll be in your town. - Vehemence

I had a question for John or Bjorn...

Will Sean be singing in the same style as he did in "FASSW" or can we expect something different sounding?

My opinion...

His death metal vocals are pretty good. They should mix well with Vehemence. Some of his screams are good, but then he also has those hardpunkdissonantgaycore screams that make me want to kill myself.
Please dont start doing Korn Bendo :tickled: Riffs

Merloch said:
My opinion...

His death metal vocals are pretty good. They should mix well with Vehemence. Some of his screams are good, but then he also has those hardpunkdissonantgaycore screams that make me want to kill myself.
Please dont start doing Korn Bendo :tickled: Riffs

I'll second that.

Exactly what these guys are saying. I just wanted to know if he was going to do that "quick yell" kinda thing lots of people are doing right now.

If you could hear our new material, you can see where that typical metalcore stuff cannot fit in, because the material is pretty skillful, but has the room for people to headbang all the way through. I am sure vocal patterns will be a bit different for Sean, our band is not to be compared to his previous work in From A Second Story Window. Its like comparing our vocal styling to Dillinger Escape Plan, which does not compute.

I haven’t been on or posted at the relapse board "elitist dooshbag central" in about 4 years. That’s how much I don’t give a shit haha. A lot of confused individuals that lurk on that forum from what I have seen back in the day, outsiders afraid to come up to our face or shows and speak their internet forum opinions. Some of our supposed supportive friends from back in the day use that forum to talk shit on us, we know who they are, they think we don’t know, and we regret to have dealt with them. I only learn what goes on there from other supporters that think we should say something. Opinions are opinions, I know I have em, I just have better things to do than talk shit on bands all day, I like all styles of music, its pretty hard for me to talk shit on anything unless it is not tight or lacks quality. All I did was grow up and opened my mind.

Fuck Yeah! Exactly man. Atleast you can have a good attitude about fuckheads...some bands get pissed when others talk smack about them. It's cool that you just ignore it and move on to those who do give a shit \m/ Awesome news on the vocalist, can't wait to hear him in action with some new meterial!!!!

There are always a bunch of whining, bitching elitist scrooges who do nothing but download rare obscure slop music and stand like statues at shows. You guys are doing the right thing by ignoring them...it shows you clearly don't give a damn.

I'm gonna be honest here, I really don't like that band "A second story window" or the vocals for that...but I'm open to hear Sean with Vehemence...goodluck with him and tear it up.