Vehemence In Search For New Vocalist

Fuck man, I thought this was a joke when I saw the thread. Nathan's voice is one of the things that was so characteristic of Vehemence, he was right up there with all the instruments, obliterating with that wall of sound. I'll definately fucking miss him.

I wish you guys the best of luck in search for a new vocalist. Shit, if I lived in the country I'd probably go and give it a shot for you guys, but alas it ain't so. All the best, and make sure to not compromise! Vehemence need the best, like Nathan was.

It's kind of awkward to think of your music without Nathan's dynamic vocals... make sure you Vehemence guys search long and hard for his replacement - you have some top notch music that needs top notch vocals! I have to wonder though, how much will the lyrics change? Did Nathan write a lot of the lyrics or is someone else the main lyrical composer? (Too lazy to check my CDs and try and answer myself.) Well, on any accord - good luck plowing forward. I'm looking forward to a new release as I am sure a lot of metal fans are :)

Chris

I'd love to try out... but I'm more of a 'laiho' type growler.. [damn my shortness!] not exactly what you guys are looking for, eh?

That and I suck :p

Wow, very shitty news. This is just plain devastating. Good luck to Nathan and his future endeavors, and to Vehemence and their search for a vocalist.

I might even give a try at this job, but my band needs me too, we'll see.

I can't blame a man for wanting to do good for his family. 3 kids and a wife don't come cheap. It is ironic that the best death metal vocalist in the west, is quiting the band to become a tool for the man. But hey, the Man pays more then the metal.
Best of luck to you Mr. Gearhart.
All I gotta say is I am glad I have video from their Jar show, before he butchered his lucious locks.

nathans vocals were the perfect accomadation for your guitar structures - are you guys going to change your sound much or are you going to make the vocalist change for you guys so you still have your unique sound or what-how is this going on?

I agree, Nate is one of the best DM vocalists around, & I really hope y'all get someone that's already known. So when ya announce it, people can already get an idea of what the dude will sound like.
Something along the lines of TheBDM vocalist or BtB&M vocalist would sound pretty cool with y'alls sound.
You should also Really Emphasize that they need to be a Great Frontman, cuz Nate was one of the best...especially for the "Oh so seriousness of Death Metal" that everyone else goes for.

Nathan was an awesome vocalist, brutal yet clear, definately hard to replace. My personal preference would be for you guys to steer clear of the hardcore vocalist route, but it is YOUR music and YOUR decisions to make... So fuck listening to me, do what you want!

Whatever happens, I'm sure you guys will find some awesome vocalist to fill the void... We just lost our drummer as of like 10 minutes ago... Seems to be a shitty way to start the new year.

Either way, replacing members is tough, but always more than possible... You just need to find that guy that not only shares your vision and has the talent but meshes with your personalities... And it should be much easier for an established band, such as yourselves.

Good luck with the vocalist search! If I didn't love what I'm doing so much and didn't have so many other obligations in my life, I would seriously consider moving to Pheonix... :loco:

very fucking disheartening news to hear,I held this mans vocals up to par with the mighty akerfeldt !!!

im just glad I got to see you guys go fucking crazy in such an intimate environment before any of this happened,it was and always will be one of my favorite shows,thanks so fucking much for making it

best of luck on moving forward with this musical juggernaut youve spawned !!

and best of luck to nathan as well,with whatever path you've taken.

I'm sorry to hear that Nate left Vehemence. It's tough in the death metal scene,, with the genre being underground, and label recoupment, and not making enough $ from CD's sales. The only way to make $ is by way of touring and merch sales. It's a tough business for underground musicians.
I'm sure he (Nate) is making the right decision by putting his family first, as sometimes people have to make the right decisions based upon THIER best interest, and the quality of thier lives.
Sometimes even the best underground metal vocalists (due to economic reasons) have to stop touring to take care of thier families.
Sad day indeed, GWC was a good CD and Nathan is a good vocalist/frontman.
As a previous poster said, it's the bands (Vehemence) decision, but I say stear clear of the hardcore vocalists and keep it brutal death with cookie monstor vox. Good luck to both Vehemence, and Nate. Stay Metal and Stay Brutal -l- \m/

I have sick vocals, but I live in NYC and whatnot. There's probably no way of me getting to AZ anytime soon, lol. But damn that sucks, I wish you guys lived here, I'd try out for you in a hot second!

Yeah, you guys are a death metal band, you shouldn't have a "my girlfriend broke up with me and I'm too much of a wuss to handle it, so I'm going to kick myself in the nuts to hit really high, ear-screaching notes while I cut my wrists and cry" vocalist. You need a "My girlfriend broke up with me? That's it, I'm going to tear out her eyes and eye-socket-fuck her until I rip a whole in her brain because I'm just a beast like that and enjoy cookies" vocalist. You know what I'm sayin'?

we are not going the emo route, and we aren't doing clean vocals. Musically we aren't going to compromise anything. We have new music written for 4 songs and it has proven to be some of the most challenging material we have made so far. As far as death metal vocals go, Nate will be near impossible to match or replace. I want to go for a different approach all together. I wouldn't mind a BTB&M style vocals, minus the cleans.