reviews

It's kinda difficult to make reviews for Andreas' work. I remember some years ago I made one for the last "Cronian" album and It took me several listens to "get" the feel of what I think they tried to do. I think that the not-so-positive reactions from some reviewers may come from the fact that they did one or two listens to the album and then they wrote the review. That being said, you may like it or not, but there's not a "safe" or "more of the same" album in vintersorg's work imo, including the older ones.

It's kinda difficult to make reviews for Andreas' work. I remember some years ago I made one for the last "Cronian" album and It took me several listens to "get" the feel of what I think they tried to do. I think that the not-so-positive reactions from some reviewers may come from the fact that they did one or two listens to the album and then they wrote the review. That being said, you may like it or not, but there's not a "safe" or "more of the same" album in vintersorg's work imo, including the older ones.

Yep Vintersorg albums are strange beasts, not "safe" at all. It's catchy... but it's not the usual catchiness, it has a kind of weird beauty.
I can understand very well why some reviewers miss the point while listening to his music. I myself have known some Vintersorg albums for yeah, almost 10 years, listening to it from time to time and enjoying it. But I only realized how great they were five months ago.
How could this happen??? How could a band that I liked (among many others) suddenly became my favorite band of all time??? This kind of "musical revelation" never happened to me before. Wow that was strange... And it's the first time I'm a "real die-hard fan" of a band, hehe. So I can excuse the people who wrote not-so-good reviews, they just haven't opened their minds to the V. magic yet :)

I myself have known some Vintersorg albums for yeah, almost 10 years, listening to it from time to time and enjoying it. But I only realized how great they were five months ago.
How could this happen???

Some bands/albums are way ahead its time to being appreciated instantly. In V's discography, Visions is the album I think fits the best this phenomena. Arcturus' La Masquerade Infernale, Solefald's Neonism, Cynic's Focus. They had instant impact but (most of them) also were hated all the way - Till this day there are people who listen just Aspera, and Cynic was flamed back in early 90's for the robotic vocals and the lack of br00tality. Pestilence's Spheres is usually hated too.

Some bands/albums are way ahead its time to being appreciated instantly. In V's discography, Visions is the album I think fits the best this phenomena. Arcturus' La Masquerade Infernale, Solefald's Neonism, Cynic's Focus. They had instant impact but (most of them) also were hated all the way - Till this day there are people who listen just Aspera, and Cynic was flamed back in early 90's for the robotic vocals and the lack of br00tality. Pestilence's Spheres is usually hated too.

Obviously, since most people are nincompoops and have no notion of what "good" music is.

Yes, you may be right to say that Vintersorg, Solefald, Cynic (beuh I don't like the robotic voice) are ahead of their times. In particular, Vision is a highly fascinating album...
I think now I'm less easily impressed by the cheesy stuffs and the virtuoso musicians than in the past (well, I still like it!). I more want to hear bands that have some originality. I'm very happy with Vintersorg because it's unique in every way: voice, music, lyrics, artistic carreer... And it's awesome music as well :headbang:

By the way, another review in French for Jordpuls, 7/10.

http://www.pavillon666.fr/chronique-metal-5888.php?PHPSESSID=94149bbe5372608235a1bef1bfdc1f1c

The reviewer says that the songs are too rich and overworked sometimes, and that lessen his enjoyment.
It's cool that it doesn't lessen mine! :)

The almighty Blabbermouth metal news site has posted a review:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=2212

VINTERSORG keeps the folk/prog metal hits coming with that same knack for the tuneful and skill at constructing its patented, folk-rooted genre blends.
That "Jordpuls" can sound both modern and ancient attests to the creative power of VINTERSORG.

Favourable review. Congratulations V-men!

People that have username can vote for the album's fan rating. I gave it a 9 as it is almost perfect. Maybe 10 on a good day...

I really liked that Roadrunner review, plus they are quite popular and it will surely help spread the word.

^ Agreed, sadly.

on topic: nice reviews, after listening to the album several hundreds of times, I've come to the conclusion that I like it about as much as SR, but a little less than TFB and VFTSG, which are still my favorite albums. I hope the next album will have English lyrics again.
8 / 10