Revisiting Glen’s post about scoring past shows based on the time of the show and not

Dude... LOL I like Epica and all, but Epica is like a little girl when it comes to being HEAVY compared to After Forever... AF is much heavier.

And yes, The Final Countdown would be great!!! BUT they also need to do their version of The Evil That Men Do, that kicks SO MUCH ass!
I hope you are right because After Forever is not heavy AT ALL on their cds.

4. They have fun & don't take themselves too seriously (who the hell else covers "The Final Countdown?")

Norther!!!!

But seriously, I cannot wait for After Forever's performance. Epica was one of my top 3 sets from last year's PP, and people constantly say that AF blows Epica away.

1. Excellent Live Musicans
2. High Energy
3. Floor's charisma is off the chart. She is absolutely nothing like Tarja or Simone in terms of stage presence.
4. They have fun & don't take themselves too seriously (who the hell else covers "The Final Countdown?")

Oh NO! A band having fun and not taking themselves seriously? A little humor in music? Let the bitching begin! :heh:

/Sarcasm mode "off"

J-Dubya :)

Nope, Norther.

I think it might have been a joke. Another cover by Dispatched (even "heavier" than the Norther version) has been going around as an mp3 attributed to Bodom for a long time now. Vision Divine also covers it.

Personally, my favourite cover of the song is a hummpa version by the band Eläkeläiset.

The only way that this could have been over the top heads and shoulders above the rest is NIGHTWISH, but that is not to be this year, and i know Glenn pulled out all the stops for this to be "The Beginning of an Era" for the new lineup.

John, I understand where you're coming from, but with a lineup like this, who needs Nightwish? :loco:

I saw After Forever 11 AM in a festival in Germany!

and even at 11 AM they were easily one of the best bands in the whole festival.. Fucking awesome show.

Yeah, that's right. I've seen AF live and Icequeen has not! ahahah :heh:

Why do they suck? Because YOU said so? IMO, people who belittle other people's favorite bands suck. I thought one Ascension on this forum was enough.:heh:

First of all, it was intended as a joke. Those who know me (Not you obviously) know why I talk about Manowar so much. That's exactly why I had the laughter smiley in the end of my post.

Now I'll tell you what. If I personally dont like someone's music, find it plain lame and not being ANYTHING special, to me they suck. It could be fucking God playing this music, I'd still say they sucked. I wasn't trying to belittle other people's favorites, I just made a comment intended as something funny and based on MY OPINION ONLY. If yours is differnet, I could give a shit. Now don't fucking come trying to belittle me simply because I stated my opinion about a crappy ass band like Manowar. If they're your favorites in the world, good for you, enjoy them before they die or break up. To me they still suck and you better simply accept it.

And don't compare me to Ascension either. If anything, you're closer to being like him by posts like that than me.

And for the record, once again, in my opinion Manowar sucks. If that hurts you so much, I am deeply honestly sorry.

First of all, it was intended as a joke. Those who know me (Not you obviously) know why I talk about Manowar so much. That's exactly why I had the laughter smiley in the end of my post.

Now I'll tell you what. If I personally dont like someone's music, find it plain lame and not being ANYTHING special, to me they suck. It could be fucking God playing this music, I'd still say they sucked. I wasn't trying to belittle other people's favorites, I just made a comment intended as something funny and based on MY OPINION ONLY. If yours is differnet, I could give a shit. Now don't fucking come trying to belittle me simply because I stated my opinion about a crappy ass band like Manowar. If they're your favorites in the world, good for you, enjoy them before they die or break up. To me they still suck and you better simply accept it.

And don't compare me to Ascension either. If anything, you're closer to being like him by posts like that than me.

And for the record, once again, in my opinion Manowar sucks. If that hurts you so much, I am deeply honestly sorry.
I'm deeply and honestly sorry that you portray yourself as a pompous ass sometimes, too.:heh:

Now I'll tell you what. If I personally dont like someone's music, find it plain lame and not being ANYTHING special, to me they suck. It could be fucking God playing this music, I'd still say they sucked.

Amen ::looks for the lightening:: :saint:

AngraRULES said:
And don't compare me to Ascension either.

l am so not feeling the love. :cry:

AngraRULES said:
If that hurts you so much, I am deeply honestly sorry.

You so wussed out :heh:

Why do they suck? Because YOU said so? IMO, people who belittle other people's favorite bands suck. I thought one Ascension on this forum was enough.:heh:

For your information because your perusal of this forum is obviously limited & subjective, l applauded this lineup: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...s-bay-area-redemption-zero-hour-timeline.html

If my perception of talent differs from yours, it's not my fault. But l'll help you "see the light" as much as l can. ;)