Revisiting Glen’s post about scoring past shows based on the time of the show and not

I agree. MANOWAR doesn't take themselves seriously, they have fun, and put some humor in the music and they get ragged up one side and down the other. Talk about hypocrisy and a double standard!
Manowar don't take themselves seriously? :lol:

I love their music, but if you've read more than a couple interviews with Joey, it's clear that the guy either has a ridiculously dry sense of humor, or needs to relax.

Example: http://www.screammagazine.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34208

I also like Manowar, but you know Joey Has to be the angriest guy in Metal.
It's pretty self evident when listening to him rant at the audience about "All those bands on those t-shirts you're wearing wouldn't fucking take Manowar out on tour with them! They never gave Manowar a break! We had to make it on our own! They were scared, because they know we are real mother fucking Heavy fucking Metal!"
Joey... shut up and play.

Hijack.jpg

There should be a sticky thread about Manowar bashing. This band takes it on the chin more times than Tracie Lords. It's a shame too because I like Manowar. Yes I agree that if Joey did not talk and didn't solo every other song that they would be better off. Maybe someone could convince Joey to do the Penn & Teller thing. Eric coul be Penn and Joey , Teller. You know teller does not talk. AT ALL. Oh well, I figured since my thread had been highjacked long ago that I would join in. I may go back and edit my original post to say.....I wonder how many posts it will take for Milton to piss someone off and could someone please give Manowar hell because it has not happened in about two days.:p

Magius.....uh they're turning to port. Bad move, they're gonna collide with the discussed-to-death topic! :lol:

Yes Paul. Ships often turn toward the object in order to have it pass along side rather than leaving the broadside exposed. :p

(Whispering..... Maybe in the case of an approaching torpedo, but deliberately exposing the length of your ship's deck to raking broadside fire was suicidal back in the days of fighting sail...when a naval vessel was called.....wait for it.......a manowar. :lol: :lol: )

And now, back to Smurfs.

(Whispering..... Maybe in the case of an approaching torpedo, but deliberately exposing the length of your ship's deck to raking broadside fire was suicidal back in the days of fighting sail...when a naval vessel was called.....wait for it.......a manowar. :lol: :lol: )

Best one ever! :kickass:

The only time I convinced a band to do a cover was with Mercenary last year. If I had my choice, I would love to hear their cover of "Who Wants to Live Forever?" The duet approach to the vocals gives me chills.

One of the fun traditions of the CalProg festival in Los Angeles is each band ends their set with a cover tune. To me a fun idea. The band chooses the cover and it gives you an idea what music influenced them. Of course I am sure some PP fan would claim that cuts into the bands playing time and they (the fans) what to hear more original material and not some cover tune. Similar to the flak Dream Theater gets for covering entire albums on two night performances. You can't please everyone but I think it would be great idea to encourage at PP.

My only disappointments are After Forever (just not a fan of the band, but I am hopeful live they will be like Epica who I also don;t really care for on cd) and Virgin Steele. They are not the band they used to be...at least to me.

Exactly how I feel.

1. Excellent Live Musicans
2. High Energy
3. Floor's charisma is off the chart. She is absolutely nothing like Tarja or Simone in terms of stage presence.
4. They have fun & don't take themselves too seriously (who the hell else covers "The Final Countdown?")

I would say children of bodom!:headbang: :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love it if AF did the Maiden cover. That was very good. This thread has been amusing to look through. I can't believe there was a Traci Lords reference. Classic.