Revisiting Powermad !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I was making a copy of "Absolute Power" for Wheezer and realized it's been a few months since I have listened to that. I got my butt kicked of course. Anyone else love this release ? It is too bad they came on the scene at the end of metal. They could have really made it.

Bryant

Sadly, by the time they arrived, the scene was already fragmenting. A lot of the "melodic thrash bands" like Powermad, and later Onslaught, etc., really never caught on because they were too heavy for mainstream people, and a lot of the underground was turning to death metal at that point...

Never heard of them, but "melodic thrash" sound very appealing to me. I'll check them, thanks for the info bros.

NP: Chainsaw - 'Lay Down And Die'

carnut said:
offcourse I got an old Powermad vid up on Youtube :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTQwuwG-aA

That is SOOOO cool !! I have never seen that video. That is also my fave song by them, although it really doesn't sound much like the rest of the CD, more powermetal than thrash really. Dubay really had a voice more suited for powermetal than thrash anyway, but his high, clean voice and screams are what seperated Powermad from other thrash bands anyway. Thanks for the vid brother Nut !!

Bryant

Wyvern said:
Never heard of them, but "melodic thrash" sound very appealing to me. I'll check them, thanks for the info bros.

You and I may be quite different in our tastes, but you might really like this one Brother Vern. I do agree with it being slated as "melodic thrash" but if you removed two songs, namely "Plastic Town" and "Nice Dreams" then it is pretty heavy. What gives it the melodic touch is the vocals as I stated earlier. It still gives you plenty of the anti-Tate chunka chunka stuff on guitars. The twin guitar work is very good.

Bryant

Wyvern said:

Chainsaw :puke: You just scored some REAL bad points with Hawk and me there bro :lol:

(we saw 'm live a while ago and agreed this was the depth point of metal, can't get any worse....) :loco:

carnut said:
Chainsaw :puke: You just scored some REAL bad points with Hawk and me there bro :lol:

(we saw 'm live a while ago and agreed this was the depth point of metal, can't get any worse....) :loco:

I mean you all know me, I'm anti black, death, screechers, growlers and mallcore. But Chainsaw is just cheap bad metal, but still metal.
I can't believe I actually listen to a band that makes people here sick, I must be getting better :p

Bryant said:
You and I may be quite different in our tastes, but you might really like this one Brother Vern. I do agree with it being slated as "melodic thrash" but if you removed two songs, namely "Plastic Town" and "Nice Dreams" then it is pretty heavy. What gives it the melodic touch is the vocals as I stated earlier. It still gives you plenty of the anti-Tate chunka chunka stuff on guitars. The twin guitar work is very good.

Bryant

Well clean vocals and melody actually is what it can drive me to a band. I consider Metallica (old), Megadeth, Metal Church as melodic thrash so anything around it goes alright by me.

NP: Cathedral - 'Sea Serpent'

Wyvern said:
Well clean vocals and melody actually is what it can drive me to a band. I consider Metallica (old), Megadeth, Metal Church as melodic thrash so anything around it goes alright by me.

I was using the term "clean" vocals in the oldschool sense. What I meant is the guy often doesn't sing with rasp in his voice. It's cool stuff. I can burn you a copy if I can locate the missing track. They are definitely comparable to bands you mentioned.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
NP: Cathedral - 'Sea Serpent'

That's alot better :p

(by the way; I take any oppurtunity to trash Chainsaw, like Bryant with Vandenplas, but the other way. So you were just unlucky to mention them.)

carnut said:
That's alot better :p

(by the way; I take any oppurtunity to trash Chainsaw, like Bryant with Vandenplas, but the other way. So you were just unlucky to mention them.)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would remember that when it comes to Slayer, King Diamond, Accept, Exodus, or any other band I don't like :heh: :p

NP: Rick Wakeman - 'Static'

Bryant said:
Hey Carnut, I'll grab him from behind and hold his arms and you can hit him. :lol: :heh: :lol: :heh:

Bryant

You big bully!
et.gif

Bryant said:
Hey Carnut, I'll grab him from behind and hold his arms and you can hit him. :lol: :heh: :lol: :heh:

Bryant

Yep, Yep, Bryant, mate, I assume you will take care of him at PP ????
(did you see ; he doesn't like Accept :OMG: ) Wish I could be there to bash Wyv up with you :lol:

carnut said:
Yep, Yep, Bryant, mate, I assume you will take care of him at PP ????
(did you see ; he doesn't like Accept :OMG: ) Wish I could be there to bash Wyv up with you :lol:

You can both kiss me where the sun doesn't shine :p

And I can add Nevermore, Van Halen, Kiss, Arch Enemy, Led Zeppelin, Queensryche to the bands I don't like, deal with it!

NP: Rick Wakeman - 'One In The Eye'

Wyvern said:
You can both kiss me where the sun doesn't shine :p

And I can add Nevermore, Van Halen, Kiss, Arch Enemy, Led Zeppelin, Queensryche to the bands I don't like, deal with it!

Gah! Nevermore, Kiss, and Queensryche?!!!? :OMG:

Just kidding. I am a little surprised but each of us have our own bands that sweeten our cup of tea.

carnut said:
Queensryche ??? You just signed your dead warrant there !!
wos_sport15.gif
fest39.gif

And I'm just warming, wait til you get a load of ME! :p

Wheezer said:
Just kidding. I am a little surprised but each of us have our own bands that sweeten our cup of tea.

I'm counting the days til PPVII, I'm eager to have long discussions with you. I'm sure we will laugh our asses out by disagreeing :lol:

NP: Uriah Heep - 'Rainbow Demon'