Rhapsody

if the rhapsody/manowar shows were anything like the one I went to (the palladium in mass) then I don't think manowar would have had any trouble paying rhapsody... $35 bucks for a ticket and the show was sold out or close in a decent size theater. That was STILL the most metal show i've been too, even though manowar are a gimmick and boring musically... rhapsody just ooze talent. My favorite rhapsody album start to finish is probably power of the dragon flame, but all of their albums just kick my ass. one of the first power bands i really got into

Manowar are for real and NOT a gimmick. They are very good at what they play. Eric Adams is one of my favorite all-time singers! Rhapsody is a very good and talented band, but they are no where nearly as legendary and infamous as Manowar!

7thSaviour said:
Manowar are for real and NOT a gimmick. They are very good at what they play. Eric Adams is one of my favorite all-time singers! Rhapsody is a very good and talented band, but they are no where nearly as legendary and infamous as Manowar!

In my opinion both Manowar and Rhapsody are pretty gimmicky and ridiculous. However, I enjoy Rhapsody's music... I can't say the same for Manowar though.

7thSaviour said:

Of course Rhapsody are not- Manowar has been around since the 80's, and Rhapsody (in case you didn't know this since you are such a new fan since like.. 1 year..) released their first demo in 1994. It would be a comedy if Rhapsody were bigger and known more than Manowar, they have over 10 years on Rhapsody and have been around over 20. It doesn't mean anything though. It's all a matter of your opinion, just like mine is Rhapsody were much better live, and Manowar better release something that sounds like the early stuff if they want to keep their career.. which is going downhill very fast (and this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of their music..). so!

I'm just happy that I don't see Fabio, Luca and Alex in a circle, shirtless with loin cloth and oil on their chests.. *phew* :rolleyes:

7thSaviour said:
AMEN , BROTHER!!!

I love both Manowar and Rhapsody, though you can't deny that both have gimmicks. As long as the gimmick does not take precedent over the quality of the music, then I have no problem whatsoever.

That is my problem with many black metal bands. So many bands feel that by wearing leather, spikes, and corpse paint, they are a solid band. You gotta have the ability still to write good music.

Jasonic said:
I love both Manowar and Rhapsody, though you can't deny that both have gimmicks. As long as the gimmick does not take precedent over the quality of the music, then I have no problem whatsoever.

That is my problem with many black metal bands. So many bands feel that by wearing leather, spikes, and corpse paint, they are a solid band. You gotta have the ability still to write good music.
:headbang: :kickass: Hail!