Richard David James

Sad Madrigal

Happy
Mar 22, 2008
Are there any fans of his music? You may know him asa Aphex Twin, AFX, Polygon Window, Power-Pill, Bradley Strider, Caustic Window, GAK, etc.
I must say that his work as Aphex Twin is incredible especially the Selected Ambient Works albums and drukQs.

I have an Aphex Twins fan for sure. :) drukQs was in fact totally amazing. Nice ambiances. I don't really listen to electronic stuff usually, but Richard David James and Jim Ether... I just love them.

you may like some of it after going through some more post ww2 classical like stockhausen, cage and so on. especially druqks.

Hahaha I listened to 'Little Funny Man' once when I was tripping on mushrooms and that twisted the hell out of my mind at the time. Very very bizarre indeed.
'Come to Daddy' is an interesting track. Dillinger Escape Plan did a cover of it with Mike Patton which is probably better than the original too.
Very twisted music.

Hahaha I listened to 'Little Funny Man' once when I was tripping on mushrooms and that twisted the hell out of my mind at the time. Very very bizarre indeed.
'Come to Daddy' is an interesting track. Dillinger Escape Plan did a cover of it with Mike Patton which is probably better than the original too.
Very twisted music.

Actually, I think the Dillinger Escape Plan version of Come To Daddy sucks compared to the original. There is none of the intensity in the cover. I'm sure it was difficult to transport the song to actual instruments, but.....meh.....

Well I heard the Dillinger version first, and when I heard the original it sounded a bit tame in comparison. I think maybe I found Pattons vocals a lot more convincing (in a twisted way)

Of all the RDJ stuff what would be the best to get,
Wanting something that will indeed, blow my mind.