Richie Kotzen

Yep, I've been listening to him a fair bit over the last week or so. So annoyed I didn't bother checking him out years earlier - always assumed he would just be a guitarist dude, didn't realise he sang too. I'm such a fool :(

So you going to buy a ticket on Friday?
Guarantee u can get into Extreme between now and April if you get the III Sides album ;)

I'm digging Kotzens latest album called '24 Hours' at the moment.
Took a few listens to sink in but it's great!

Any Melbourne-ites been to gigs at the Palace Theatre?
What's it like? I see it is all general admission with no reserved seating which I'm not usually a fan of, considering my wife is very short.
Easy to get up near the front?

So you going to buy a ticket on Friday?
Guarantee u can get into Extreme between now and April if you get the III Sides album ;)

I'm digging Kotzens latest album called '24 Hours' at the moment.
Took a few listens to sink in but it's great!

I'll have to give them a miss, unfortunately. Already spending too much on stuff next year, trip and gigs etc. Kind of bummed, but hopefully he can headline a tour here soon.

Any Melbourne-ites been to gigs at the Palace Theatre?
What's it like? I see it is all general admission with no reserved seating which I'm not usually a fan of, considering my wife is very short.
Easy to get up near the front?

I've been there lots of times in the last six or so years. It's a great venue, with several levels. It's easy to get on the floor, and you can get a good spot if you arrive early, like anywhere I guess. If she's short though you might want to get in early and reserve a spot on the balcony. You get a great view up there.

Goddamn it.
This tour has now been cancelled.
Sucks balls. Had already booked flights to Melbourne.

Due to an unforeseen conflict in scheduling, Extreme regret that they will be postponing their previously announced 2013 April Australian tour. The band are looking forward to returning to Australia and reconnecting with their loyal fans and are working with Lennard Promotions on rescheduling the tour. All tickets purchased will be fully refunded and revised dates for the tour will be announced at a later time. Extreme and Lennard Promotions regret any inconvenience that this rescheduling may cause for those who have already purchased tickets and look forward to announcing revised dates as soon as possible.

That's a shame, but on a selfish note I may actually have money for a ticket of they come later instead.

Definitely more fingers in more pies.
Since leaving DT he has recorded albums with:

Flying Colors
Adrenaline Mob
Adrenaline Mob Covers EP
The Winery Dogs
Big Elf
Neal Morse (solo)

Is currently writing/recording with:

Transatlantic
Flying Colors

Has toured with:

Adrenaline Mob
Flying Colors (I saw them in NY in Sept last year... Was amazing).
Neal Morse
PSMS (Portnoy Sherinian MacAlpine, Sheehan)

The Winery Dogs is my most anticipated album of the year.

So Richie has a new album coming out this month and has said on Facebook and twitter that he is touring Australia this year. A promoter (Storm Front Touring) has confirmed this and said dates are coming the next few days.

Pretty excited. I caught Richie with the Winerh Dogs in London last year and they were great, but I'd probably prefer his solo stuff to be honest