Rip Cliff Burton 2/10/62 - 9/27/86

\m/Jason\m/ said:
:lol:Most overrated bassplayer ever:lol: Anyway, RIP.

never , he cant be overrated , he was only known to music world from 1982-1986 that's 4 FUCKING YEARS !!! AND THOSE 4 FUCKING YEARS HE WAS THE BEST!!! NO ONE WAS BETTER !!! CLIFF WAS THE MASTER UNTIL HE DIED!!!

Turbo said:
no, flea has that title.

Have you listened to flea. I mean the real flea. not the RHCP stuff. he expands a bit, but thats not really him.

janez79 said:
never , he cant be overrated , he was only known to music world from 1982-1986 that's 4 FUCKING YEARS !!! AND THOSE 4 FUCKING YEARS HE WAS THE BEST!!! NO ONE WAS BETTER !!! CLIFF WAS THE MASTER UNTIL HE DIED!!!

Wow, talk about rabid fanboyism.

let me tell you something...

MUSIC IS A SUBJECTIVE ART FORM, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ART FORM!!!

janez79 said:
ok , this is tottaly off topic .

is there any topic where you guys arent arguing, or start arguing?

FUCK YOU!!!!

mad.gif
http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/mad.gif

Turbo said:
Cliff has been a big influence to me. If there was any bass player i wanted to be like it was Cliff.

Metallica misses you. We, the fans, miss you! happy aniversary Cliff!

you wanna fall out of a bus window and get ran over by a wheel

OMFG CLIFF T3H BEST BASE PLAYUR EVAR!!1

Yes, just like Alexi is the best guitarist ever. And hes not even dead yet... I can only imagine the mythic proportions to which fanboys will spew bullshit about how Alexi pwn'd Yngwie or Petrucci. And even if dream theater and Yngwie are a little boring, that argument is completely invalidated by AYDY.

I'm much more of a guitarist than a bassist, so I'd have a hard time assembling a list of the best bassists, but you really dont need to look far to do better than Burton.

Fanboys always take their favorite band and then pick which ever member sucks the least and glorify him to epic proportions, regardless of the skill (or lack of). Sure, Burton was decent, but its like Slipknot fans saying that Joey Jordison is the best drummer ever. Gene who? Whats a Flo Mounier?