RIP Ronnie James Dio...?

I can't believe the Westboro Baptist Church is still going.

I mentioned them to a very religious acquaintance a couple of years back when talking about how some so-called Christians are some of the most un-Christian people around, and he said he had never heard of them. I thought everyone had heard of them. Horrible, horrible people.

You're not wrong, Spiffo.

They're playing with fire if they plan on doing that at Dio's funeral.

oxygen thieving motherfuckers.
This pisses me off to no end, what absolute scum.
A great man has just passed who brought so much to people all over the world yet to read that scum like this whole cult exist to ever contemplate something like this makes me livid.

wbc are just trolls. i know they do make a disgrace of themselves locally, but i think they just post up any event on their website to piss people off, even if it's too far for them to travel to show up and try to ruin it. They're disgusting, dreadful people. I saw a doco on them a while back and it's actually just one guy and his brainwashed extended family who follow his "teachings". They get stuff thrown at them in the street, absolute social pariahs.

Anyway back to Dio. I was thinking, there's so many great rock stars who are equally famous for being a party animal, or a screw up, or a screw up who got clean and straightened themselves out, as much as they are famous for their music. Dio on the other hand, when you read all the tributes people have payed to him, as much as being arguably the greatest rock singer of all time, he'll be remembered at least as much for being such an incredibly nice guy. I dunno guys I just find that really moving.

There's a video on YouTube where Dio bags out Campbell big time.

I read Campbell doesn't even like hard rock very much, which might explain why he joined Def Leppard.

Dio didn't exactly hold things back when the mood took him. I seem to recall him saying disparaging things about Geoff Nicholls once, and I read an interview with him after Hear N Aid came out where he got a bit personal towards his former Sabbath and Rainbow colleagues for not making the effort to participate. That said, no one's an angel. Some scars run deep.

In his honour...
29147_395324844860_120941989860_3893458_2465639_n.jpg

Drop in if you are in Adelaide and stand up and shout while hearing a couple of hours worth of DIO dedication including Rainbow, Elf & Black Sabbath! Plus the album launches for the new RATT & SOULFLY CDs including CD giveaways of aforementioned bands. \m/

I've been meaning to do that - any idea what the shirt sizes are compared to Australian sizes? Might wait until I get my Metallica club one because I went with the biggest on offer there, 2XL. See what that's like and stuff... yeah. Oh, I don't know.

As a huskier gentleman I have to get shirts in the XL range. Sometimes 2XL is too small. Sometimes 3XL is far too big. It's difficult.