RIP Soilwork

adeadeasf

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Soilwork have officialy hit rock bottom with Stabbing The Darama(musically that is.. not in terms of $$$).. the lame nu-metal band P.O.D must have been Soilwork's main insipiration while recording this absoulte disaster.. its funny now when you listen to their earlier stuff like the kickass Chainheart Machine (which btw has to be one of the greatest Thrash Metal releases in the history of Swedish Metal).... the sick guitar riffs/solos.. the thunderous double bass.. wat the fuck happened to all of those??! and to top it all of.. they went and recorded a new video for the song Stabbing the Drama which features the lead singer Bjorn acting like a completely retarded gansta rapper.. R.I.P Soilwork

adeadeasf said:
Soilwork have officialy hit rock bottom with Stabbing The Darama(musically that is.. not in terms of $$$).. the lame nu-metal band P.O.D must have been Soilwork's main insipiration while recording this absoulte disaster.. its funny now when you listen to their earlier stuff like the kickass Chainheart Machine (which btw has to be one of the greatest Thrash Metal releases in the history of Swedish Metal).... the sick guitar riffs/solos.. the thunderous double bass.. wat the fuck happened to all of those??! and to top it all of.. they went and recorded a new video for the song Stabbing the Drama which features the lead singer Bjorn acting like a completely retarded gansta rapper.. R.I.P Soilwork

Gangsta rapper!!? Oh dear!, Its a shame when people drop art in favour of money. i wasnt a fan anyway.

I don't care about Soilwork anymore, but this sounded WAY better than their last album!

Ganstarapper? So what, I bet there's some ironic humour behind that, the singer is a funny guy.

the drumming and vocals are good on the upcomming album...but that couldnt save it from sucking miserably :)

well chances are if you were a fan of their last 2 albums (NBC and FNF) you'll probably like this Stabbing the Drama shit too ... but if you were a fan of Soilwork's earlier stuff (in other words if you are a fan of challenging guitar solos, complicated riffs and so on...) , you'll feel like Soilwork are done

1. Chainheart Machine is not completely Thrash but has a lot of solos that just scream Thrash.. overal its a mixture of Melodic Death and Thrash
2. I agree that they're not as bad as In Flames yet but listen to what you're saying... you're saying that a band that once put out masterpieces like Steelbath Suicide and Chainheart Machine is now putting out records that do NOT SUCK AS MUCH AS the new In Flames
3. I'm actually going to the DT, Hypocrisy, Soilwork show too.. mainly because of DT though.. and of course hoping that Soilwork would play something from their first 3 albums

Mantraschism said:
Um, can't you be a fan of both the early stuff AND the new stuff? The answer, apparently, is yes, you can, because I am. Just because you like one doesn't mean that you can not like the other.

sure you can be a fan of both... you are entitled to like whatever you want... although it seems rather strange ... because the first 3 are pure musicianship :headbang: and the last 3 are pure repetetive b.s :erk: (especially the last one).. its like someone that likes Opeth but also enjoys listening to Good Charlotte

Wanted to buy the new album, but actually didn't. I like all Soilwork stuff and Figure Number Five plus Chainheart Machine are the bands best releases. The one is the most catchy and the other is the most aggressive. Though I think I will spend my bucks on the new Enslaved and Immolation.