The new Soilwork.

I've never gotten hugely into the Gothenburg stuff.....I only have The Jester Race.....but more importantly, 'Rusted Angel' by Darkane. I don't think I"ll ever listen to any Soilwork...even their old things.

Whoa, first listen.

What the FUCK, how did they get so much heaviness and distortion out of those guitars? Decrepit Birth sound like a pop punk band compared to this barrage of skateboarding power.

Also the band has really improved the look of themselves, metal as ever. :worship:

Guardian of Darkness said:
Even when you and I were both Dark Tranquillity/later At the Gates fangirls, Ifurin, I'm pretty sure neither of us liked Soilwork. :lol:

What is wrong with Dark Tranquillity?

I liked FNF, but I think it's only cuz it got me into metal along with other stuff, so I hold it dear. I dunno. Catchy stuff and good for what it is.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Actually, NBC wasn't so bad.

I agree. It has some cool riffs here and there and some catchy songs, but I don't think they will top Steelbath Suicide.

Plus the whole shouted verse / sung chorus started back around A Predator's Portrait. They really lost me when they started adding in a lot of electronic effects and angst around FNF.

Poison God Machine said:
Best review I've seen for this so far, right here:

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/reviews.php?revid=1973

After reading this, I am not getting anywhere near it. Figure Number Five was bad enough.

That guys reviews are shit.

He has the true metal label along with his head up his ass.

Little bitch went into Darkane's section on the Archives and wrote 'non metal' next to Soilworks name in the link to Soilworks page.

Way to be a little girl huh? 'Oh I simply don't like it so I shall slander the band every which way and every which time, oh I just hate Soilwork'.

Irony is, he attacks Soilwork for being nu-, yet gave a positive review to StYE and doesn't think that's nu metal.

Justin_BORK said:
That guys reviews are shit.

He has the true metal label along with his head up his ass.

Little bitch went into Darkane's section on the Archives and wrote 'non metal' next to Soilworks name in the link to Soilworks page.

Way to be a little girl huh? 'Oh I simply don't like it so I shall slander the band every which way and every which time, oh I just hate Soilwork'.

Irony is, he attacks Soilwork for being nu-, yet gave a positive review to StYE and doesn't think that's nu metal.

I like Lord Requiem's reviews, because he's good at describing a band's sound, and he's also gotten me into a lot of different bands, making me expand my horizons beyond the Century Media / Nuclear Blast stuff. His and Sargon The Terrible's reviews are great. His reviews are some of the best-written reviews I have come across on the Internet. I like his style of writing. Not to mention also, but Metal Crypt is also my favorite webzine on the Net. I like this place though too.

He's also pretty honest when he says that he hasn't heard other stuff from band X that he's reviewing - as he said, he ignored FNF. I think his reviews would look better though if he listened to a band's full catalog before reviewing a recent album.