RIP Soilwork

lucifer1126 said:
haha so sad they Speed does wayyy better with his side project band Disarmonia Mundi

Disarmonia Mundi isn't Strid's side project, they were a band way before strid joined them (nebularium)...its actually a really great CD too, i've been a fan of them for a few years, i was quite surprised when i found out Speed was doing vocals on Fragments of D Generation :)

my mistake for calling it speed's side project. Yes i love Disarmonia Mundi ever since the beginning they had Nebularium and before Fragments with Speed. I thought their first website (the one with the wallpapers) was realllly nice.., they just updated to a new one which isn't as bad.

I'm actually a big fan of that band..
i got the original version of Nebularium and the Russian version along with Fragments and the logo T-shirt

lucifer1126 said:
my mistake for calling it speed's side project. Yes i love Disarmonia Mundi ever since the beginning they had Nebularium and before Fragments with Speed. I thought their first website (the one with the wallpapers) was realllly nice.., they just updated to a new one which isn't as bad.

I'm actually a big fan of that band..
i got the original version of Nebularium and the Russian version along with Fragments and the logo T-shirt

where'd you get a shirt??? :yow:

oh dear.

I bought "natural born chaos" in 2002 and loved it, i still do, and i'm also a big fan of "a predator's portrait". but i was almost completely put off by "figure number 5".

i sincerely hope that when my copy of "stabbing...." arrives i disagree with the first post.

My good lord, this is pathetic. It saddens me that people like this give metal such a horrible name.

Originally Posted by adeadeasf
well chances are if you were a fan of their last 2 albums (NBC and FNF) you'll probably like this Stabbing the Drama shit too ... but if you were a fan of Soilwork's earlier stuff (in other words if you are a fan of challenging guitar solos, complicated riffs and so on...) , you'll feel like Soilwork are done

So challenging guitar solos and complicated riffs make a great song, hmm? If that was true, then I've got a CD by Yngwie Malmsteen, or Michael Angelo, or any other of those self indulgent pretentious wanks for you to listen to. Grow up dude. Music isn't good because of how much you can brag about how technical is, it's good because it inspires an emotional response, and personally, Figure Number 5 is just as awesome to me as Chainheart. Natural Born Chaos I don't like only because the lyrics are truly beyond stupid (WE KNOW, WHEN TO SPIT OR SWALLOW!!!!), but Figure Number 5 is an extremely unique and well written album, and the layering and counterpoint effects, as well as the use of keyboards separates them from the group and makes for a genuinely enjoyable experience. It's a natural evolution, and I'm damn happy about it.

As for new In Flames, I can't deny Anders' Jonathan Davis-esque vocals really do push my buttons, but there are some real gems on Reroute (Trigger, Reroute to Remain, Cloud Connected, Free Fall) and Soundtrack (The Quiet Place, MY SWEET SHADOW, In Search for I). And while I don't care for the song "Touch of Red," it's the band having a sense of humor and a good time! God forbid a metal band that doesn't take everything they do as seriously as possible and can actually have a lighthearted joke.

Finally, isn't this a Katatonia thread?

Metaltastic said:
My good lord, this is pathetic. It saddens me that people like this give metal such a horrible name.

So challenging guitar solos and complicated riffs make a great song, hmm? If that was true, then I've got a CD by Yngwie Malmsteen, or Michael Angelo, or any other of those self indulgent pretentious wanks for you to listen to. Grow up dude. Music isn't good because of how much you can brag about how technical is, it's good because it inspires an emotional response, and personally, Figure Number 5 is just as awesome to me as Chainheart. Natural Born Chaos I don't like only because the lyrics are truly beyond stupid (WE KNOW, WHEN TO SPIT OR SWALLOW!!!!), but Figure Number 5 is an extremely unique and well written album, and the layering and counterpoint effects, as well as the use of keyboards separates them from the group and makes for a genuinely enjoyable experience. It's a natural evolution, and I'm damn happy about it.

As for new In Flames, I can't deny Anders' Jonathan Davis-esque vocals really do push my buttons, but there are some real gems on Reroute (Trigger, Reroute to Remain, Cloud Connected, Free Fall) and Soundtrack (The Quiet Place, MY SWEET SHADOW, In Search for I). And while I don't care for the song "Touch of Red," it's the band having a sense of humor and a good time! God forbid a metal band that doesn't take everything they do as seriously as possible and can actually have a lighthearted joke.

Finally, isn't this a Katatonia thread?

Jinnstfu.bmp.jpg