• The Chainheart Machine

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • A Predator's Portrait

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Natural Born Chaos

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
2 things

Evolution is when something changes to keep up with the current changes in it's atmosphere, to evolve is to change for the better, and expand on what was before.

-The sentence is self contradicting, i agree with the second part but what if expand on what it was before means changing the admosphere? Just because you change style you are a sellout, people change, music changes, is ok not to like the changes ( hell i liked the death metalish therion better than the overdone goth therion ) but it is still an evolution notheless wich brings me to:

-Simplicity. You dont have to do a thousand riffs and a very elaborated song when you do 1 great riffs and 2 or 3 riffs to lead in and out of the riff you can express something, not every human being is an over explaining arrogant satori who writes for long and hard making use of every little elegant word he knows, there are people who are poetic and incoherent, there are people who are brutally direct, there are people who are a little bit of both. I like to think the same thing happens with music and i can appreciate all the dimensions of it as long as is an honest expression of something i care about. Soilwork has simplified: Yes, yet it is more intense. Their songs have a new ironic sentimental edge wich is really hard to achieve while keeping aggresive and melodic elements in, while at the same time giving the songs a lot of sentiment. Im not surprised you wouldnt like DT's haven ( wich is virtually the same thing, the exhausting sentiment of projector on an agrier way to say it , very consistent to say it yet very deep ). Is ok to dislike this however, not so much to dismiss it, this is when the elitist word kicks in.

-I found it interesting that you conveniently ignored my comments about the vocals, would you care to expand? can you dare to say Friden has better cleans? or deep growls ? or more variety? if not, you can keep up with your flames about the vocals wich cant burn anything cause they have no heat ( substance ), otherwise you should out your mouth were your money is.

Misanthrope ( who has a life of his own not to care about every single fucking thing trapped states about Opeth, unlike others...)

Originally posted by Trapped
Their new stuff blows...

The thing about youe Trapped is that evertime you don't like a band you always have something imature to say like "they blow" or "they suck"I mean you could just say that you dislike'em or what ever,but you don't have to be imature about it.Just say you don't like something and thats it simple as that,and explain why you don't like it.

It's hard to compare. All CDs are pretty different. I haven't listened to Steelbath a lot because it's their only album I don't own (I have it on mp3 but I mostly listen to stuff I actually own).

I like all 3 subsequent albums for different reasons. I can't really pick a favourite. It's all good stuff.

Due to the positive remarks about the new one, I have downloaded and listened to a few of the new tracks.

Verdict is.. I like them a lot. Definitely the most interesting things I've heard from them since Steelbath. I guess I will pick it up afterall.

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Natural Born Chaos.

Soilwork have moved beyond "we're the Gothenburg sound on speed" and found their own groove. Everything Devin touches turns to gold... (expect maybe Physicist)

Physicist is worth it for Kingdom and Planet Rain alone, and a lot of the "short SYL lite" songs are good too...who can resist Namaste or Irish Maiden? :)

I picked NBC because it's new and I'm still really into it, but the 4 albums really do seem quite different and I like them all. There was a big jump from CHM to APP, but even the two old and two new ones are pretty different from each other.

And Speed's voice is much much better than Anders'.

-Hondo

-Simplicity. You dont have to do a thousand riffs and a very elaborated song when you do 1 great riffs and 2 or 3 riffs to lead in and out of the riff you can express something,

I fully agree... but i have beef with a band that began out as not simple at all, in fact, quite complex and deep musicially... and slowly they got more simple, and the reason that i liked them (Damn cool riffs, original structure, awesome solos, good song ideas) slowly dissapeared, and i have no reason to like the band, as there are PLENTY of other 'simple' and melodic bands out there that are better then soilwork.

I fully agree with you though on that point... you just mistook my veiws. To tell you the truth, i love new Sentenced more than old Sentenced, and either way, they have always been a pretty simple band... but they have a great atmosphere and feel about them. I just feel that soilwork have much more talent and much more to give in their musicality than a bunch of three/four minute songs that are the same structure, same chord progression, the same riff... etc.

-I found it interesting that you conveniently ignored my comments about the vocals, would you care to expand? can you dare to say Friden has better cleans? or deep growls ? or more variety? if not, you can keep up with your flames about the vocals wich cant burn anything cause they have no heat ( substance ), otherwise you should out your mouth were your money is.

I hate friden with a passion... i was just using him as a random reference point to how much strid is terrible at vocals. He has a pretty decent clean voice, but it is overused something chronic on APP, and it got annoying.

The thing about youe Trapped is that evertime you don't like a band you always have something imature to say like "they blow" or "they suck"I mean you could just say that you dislike'em or what ever,but you don't have to be imature about it.Just say you don't like something and thats it simple as that,and explain why you don't like it.

You can't be serious? You are having a go at me because of my manner of speech. If you want to have a go at me, or dispute my views, then that is okay, in fact i applaude a good debate!! But to simply state that the way i have said 'i don't appreciate this band' was wrong, and that i am immature because i think they suck (which is just saying 'i dont like them', but with a bit more passion), then you yourself are immature, and you are arguing against me on a basis of grammar technicalities.

"Overused something chronic"? hahahahah you idiot they weren't even used like 1/3 the time!!! OPETH uses more clean vocals than them by a mile!! That's like saying "no i'm sorry you're a melodic death band you have used up your rations for clean vocals you can't do any more. Please stay within one genre please."

Trapped i am never listening to anything you have to say about Soilwork ever again.

Originally posted by Trapped

You can't be serious? You are having a go at me because of my manner of speech. If you want to have a go at me, or dispute my views, then that is okay, in fact i applaude a good debate!! But to simply state that the way i have said 'i don't appreciate this band' was wrong, and that i am immature because i think they suck (which is just saying 'i dont like them', but with a bit more passion), then you yourself are immature, and you are arguing against me on a basis of grammar technicalities.

Trapped I'm not saying that your not mature,its just that I get irritated by people that always have to say something harsh about something that they don't like,it just really isn't the way to express how you feel about something by saying "that sucks" or "that blow" etc. It just reminds me of kids that are in elementary school(kids under 15 years of age) this is the way they interact with one another when they dislike something,which I personally don't really care due to the fact that there just children and its completely normal for them,but when it comes to individuals that are "grown" it just sounds kind of ridiculous and it gets rather old quick.Just go to some pop forum and thats all you see stupid comments like the ones I mentioned above.

So trapped don't misconcieve. Its just a particular aspect of your responses thats all nothing in general just specific.

I get what you are saying... but that is just my manner, and i see no need for me to change it... if i simply posted "Soilwork is Gay" or something to that extent, then i would agree with you, and i would kick my own ass... but i simply said that to state the direction of the post, so people could get where i am coming from, and after saying that, i went into why i dislike the direction that the band has taken.

You are singling me out... go to the 'band survivor' thread, and look at a large number of people's posts, that just consist of 'Vintersorg suck' and 'MDG are gay' etc...

I don't appreciate it when people single me out, but then again, maybe i just suck. :rolleyes: