Best metal song ever!

anarchy1001

New Metal Member
Jul 31, 2011
My favorite melodic death metal song is 'Nerve' by Soilwork from the album Stabbing the drama......i know a lot of you didn't like the album......btw one of the reasons i started this thread is to get a lot of cool suggestions by getting to know everybody's favourite songs....

"Beyond the Realms of Death" or "Symptom of the Universe" would be my choices. If I have to name the bands, you aren't worth talking to.

Well, just to account for differing tastes, we'll say

Black Sabbath (best doom)
Victim of Changes (best heavy)
At Dawn They Sleep (best thrash)
A Fine Day To Die (best first-wave black)
Det Som En Gang Var (best second-wave black)
Baphomet (best death)

wow hard to pick well heres a few

Iron maiden-hallowed be thy name
motorhead-iron fist
paradise lost- Gothic CD
king diamond-the candle
mercyful fate-the oath,into the coven
kreator-pleasure to kill CD
destruction-mad butcher,curse the gods
danzig -1st 2 cds
misfits-all

Unparallelled win

While I love the song more than any other second-wave black metal song (well, unless you count some Sacramentum and Aeternus stuff), I simply will never understand why it's always hailed as something like another Beethoven's 5th. I won't doubt you, but I sometimes wonder if people just kind of feel a hint of the transcendence, read all the ANUS fapping about it, and automatically call it king without really comprehending all the elements of the song. Just something I think about.

^ Good lord absolutely not, worst Morbid Angel song on the first three albums.

I certainly beg to differ, but I liked all of the songs on the first 3 albums. Just because the song isnt non stop kick drum like alot of their songs, doesnt mean its bad. Its a distinct song, and different from what many death metal bands have done.