RIP Winamp...

Mutant

I hate that supercow !
Dec 27, 2005
Poland
www.aandar.com
They announced that they will take it down on December 20...

Good that i am someone who doesn't need absolutely latest and newest things, so i will comfortably keep using the version from 2006 i have installed on my PC and have 0 problems with. :)

I am also sure someone will make a webcopy of all the skins and plugins and put it on all P2P networks.

Well, the app became some bloatware after it was sold off to AOL so I couldn't care less..

and the the dude that wrote winamp is super rich, travels around the world and also is the founder of Reaper. So yeah, happy end through and through

still using winamp 2.64 or something here. fast, neatly arrangend, easy to use - i can't think of any reason to make a switch :D
the newer winamp versions were total shit in my opinion though....

related sidequestion: what are you guys using for music playback on your android phones? right now i'm also using the winamp app, which is better than the stock music player that comes with android, but still has it's bugs neverthless....
any decent alternatives? i want it to be fast, reliable, and organized.

still using winamp 2.64 or something here. fast, neatly arrangend, easy to use - i can't think of any reason to make a switch :D
the newer winamp versions were total shit in my opinion though....

related sidequestion: what are you guys using for music playback on your android phones? right now i'm also using the winamp app, which is better than the stock music player that comes with android, but still has it's bugs neverthless....
any decent alternatives? i want it to be fast, reliable, and organized.

Well, what people consider "organized" isn't always the same but for me the best mp3 player I tried by far which allowed my to truly organize everything as I wanted in the easiest and best possible way was this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderplayer&hl=en

Really cool and simple player, can't think of anything more I would need.

I just use VLC for everything. Honestly dont even make playlists or mix "tapes", I just listen to an album or three and done, no fancy guis or kicking of llamas asses.

Did not know the same guy made Reaper.

I used Winamp WAYYYY back. Haven't touched or even looked at it in over 10 years, but Winamp is responsible for getting me into Iron Maiden in 8th grade actually. There was a really cool skin of the cover of "The Trooper" and I thought it was badass. RIP Winamp

I use WMP and I'm pretty happy with it. AFAIK microsoft built in a system by which WMP uses less RAM/CPU than any other media player.