RME AIO PCIe significant upgrade over RME 9632 PCI???

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
Just wondering if anybody here knows whether or not the RME AIO 2 channel PCIe interface is significantly better than the older RME 9632 PCI card, specifically in terms of low latency performance...

I have the 9632 PCI card now and it's great. I'm planning on building a new, powerful PC soon to try to allow bigger projects/lower latency monitoring/more samples in memory simultaenously/etc., and I'm thinking about upgrading from the 9632 to the AIO too, but I'm not sure how much of a performance increase I'd actually notice. From what I hear, the AIO is definitely faster than the Fireface 800/400 and even slightly faster than the newer RME USB interfaces that have come out recently, but I don't really know how my 9632 compares overall...

Anybody have any info?

no info but it's funny, i just had the same thoughts, because
i just got a new power system and i have some performance
issues (random ASIO spieks in cubase)
i use the 9632 also and i was thinking about to get the AIO.

hope we get some info here :)

EDIT:
found out that cubase 5.5.3 made all the problems,
installed cubase 6 trial and everything works great.

i still G.A.S for the AIO though! :D

I've wondered about that as well.

Logic would dictate yes?.. Dunno, at least the peripheral's benchmarking rates are definitely higher for that kind of connection.

That being said I haven't tried an audio PCIe, and the forum at RME is not very friendly to find info like that, as you must already know.

EDIT_ Here's a benchmarking comparison for you (thanks voidar for the link):

http://www.dawbench.com/audio-int-lowlatency.htm