Road Crew ... please fire 'em

Madkill

Baseball Geek/Metal Freak
Jun 25, 2001
Alexandria, VA
Visit site
Last night's debacle during the first few songs here in Washington DC left a sour taste, even when AA certainly made it up by crushing everything (including COB asses) by the end of their set.

AA's sound was not as good as COB or even Gojira's. It's time for the road crew to get things done right (how many hours they have beforehand to make sure everything's working ??? !!!) and stop trying so hard to look mean and cool.

AA still rules all.

yea Johan's mic stopped working after the first verse of valhall awaits me, then it worked for the first verse of runes to my memory and then stopped again. also Olli's guitar wasn't working for most of runes to my memory, but after those first 2 songs everything was pretty good.

still Johan was singing along without the mic and the crowd was singing along a lot too so it wasnt that bad. i think COB had the worst sound actually, and Gojira had the best.

i wish they wouldve played 1,000 years of oppression, but maybe next time!

They really don't have all that much time, with 3 other bands trying to get their shit done too. Not mention every club has it's own peculiarities, and lets face it, a lot of the smaller clubs don't have the greatest systems. When I saw them in Lawrence, their sound blew the others out of the water, hands down. Or maybe someone did fuck something up, shit happens.

That sounds like equipment failure, and who knows if it was AA's stuff or something with the clubs stuff.

The sound for the first 3 songs or so in Worcester was pretty fucked up. They only had one guitar going for 3/4 of the first song. There was lots of feedback as well. Overall I'd have to give the sound a C-. AA were playing fine; but someone did not know what they were doing with regards to the sound.

This seems to be the case every time I see AA... I have seen them 6 times and it always takes them 1 or 2 songs to get their sound straightened out...

the Euro Crew is completely different to the US Crew. Bringing a full Euro Crew over is VERY expensive (work permits, flights etc). Just to make things clear.

Last night's debacle during the first few songs here in Washington DC left a sour taste, even when AA certainly made it up by crushing everything (including COB asses) by the end of their set.

AA's sound was not as good as COB or even Gojira's. It's time for the road crew to get things done right (how many hours they have beforehand to make sure everything's working ??? !!!) and stop trying so hard to look mean and cool.

AA still rules all.

Just to clarify. The problems in Washington D.C. was due to a falty power converter, and can't really be blamed on the crew.