Roadrunner Re-Releases: Yes or No?

Roadrunner still has some of my favorite bands (Type O Negative and Jerry Cantrell), but yeah, they don't really do the extreme stuff anymore.

I have no Suffocation, but I'll probably pick one up since they are so heralded here.

Besides being a sweet picture, it always reminds me of...

Back when I was like 15 or 16, a local church was having a seminar called "the truth about rock" where they warned parents about the evil music of the devil. Several friends and I went to cause havoc. I remember wearing my Deicide shirt and getting alot of dirty looks. Anyways, we were dumb kids and generally just made nuisances of ourselfs. They had this presentation though, where they showed a couple minutes of live King Diamond and several photos. One of those photos was said Obituary pic. The lecturer had it on the screen for quite a while, showing how awful it was. We were hooting, hollering, and headbanging all the while. Man... I'm laughing thinking about it. Youth...

Papa Josh said:
I hate when labels do this, and re-release shit, only half-assed. It's like, "uh, we really don't associate ourselves with this metal stuff anymore, but we realize there's a few bucks in this, so we'll make them without much effort or money on our part..."
Nuclear Blast is the same. Look at Dismember's "Like an Ever Flowing Stream" or "Indecent and Obscene/Pieces"... They've TOTALLY fucked up the artwork and layout and added photos that were taken years and years after the album was recorded. Also the new In Flames "The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inheritance" is quite laughable. If they used anything better than a $50 scanner to reproduce the cover art I'd be surprised.

bloodfiredeath said:
Besides being a sweet picture, it always reminds me of...

H.C. :cool:

Reminds me of a presentation we had in school last week. Some guy was going a talk about symmetry, god knows why, and brought up backwards masking in music. And he brings up the legendary Stairway To Heaven on the OHP-like thing, lyrics in big letters forwards and backwards, plus the pic of the old man :D me and my mate were sat in the front row freaking out, suddenly quite glad we hadn't mitched off :p

NAD said:
I have no Suffocation, but I'll probably pick one up since they are so heralded here.
Hey good job, almost 2 years later you finally bought some Suffocation, putz! :loco: