Roadrunner Records Trying To Consume Opeth?

Ümlaut

The Grand Conjurer
May 6, 2008
I was checking my myspace page, and I have The Lotus Eater added as a song from Opeth's page, but it says The Lotus Eater By Roadrunner Records, not by Opeth...

Get out while you can Mikael! :kickass:

No he should stay because all of the other great bands are there...like Cradle of Filth and nightwish and devil driver and...forget I said anything.

yeah opeth as gone to 23 on the american billboard chart.. its about time they left that lable that helped them sell so many more records!

Ümlaut;7335690 said:
I was checking my myspace page, and I have The Lotus Eater added as a song from Opeth's page, but it says The Lotus Eater By Roadrunner Records, not by Opeth...

Get out while you can Mikael! :kickass:
That's because you have the song from Roadrunner's Myspace instead of Opeth's myspace.
That's why with all these fan myspaces the songs are displayed as (example) "maudlin of the Well fan - Blight of River Systems"
It will always be displayed as the name of that specific Myspace in which you get it from, there is no option to change the artist name. On a side note, why do you have The Lotus Eater on your space? It sounds like shit on Myspace due to how low quality the songs on there are. Not a good representation of the song, imo.

No he should stay because all of the other great bands are there...like Cradle of Filth and nightwish and devil driver and...forget I said anything.

haha Cradle of Filth sucks dick soo much haha they are just another satan worshiping boring metal band how can you call them great. It seem's to be the exact opposite of great.

It's just a record label. A bit bigger than Music For Nations and Koch, but still a lot smaller than, say Universal and BMG. Without Roadrunner Opeth wouldn't have made it to # 1 in Finland and # 7 in Australia and so on.