Rob Cagg

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Has anyone else wondered why or how Rob Cagg came to be seemingly the instant fully-fledged Thraxer, when Paul Crook who was around for ages and did great stuff for and with the boys never made it????

Dont get me wrong - Rob seems way cool, but I for one find this to be a bit strange?????????????

April 1st is still so far away - my London friends - you'll be sending me a copy in February - WCFYA!!!!!!!!!

There was something about guys and Paul we'll never be told I suppose. I agree with you - he was without any doubt a best lead guitarist for Anthrax. But he did lots of his own stuff besides.

I got a chance to talk to Rob when Anthrax was in Denver with Judas Priest.
He has known the band for a while. I believe he is also from NewYork. So, I guess, the band knew him, and gave him the job. I don't know the specifics. Maybe it will be in a new Anthrax Bio sometime......
btw-- Rob is not only a fucking KILLER guitar player, he's a really, REALLY cool dude!

Well, we will probably never know the full story, but I think one of the reasons Rob is now a full member of the band is simply because they knew how it aggitated Paul to not be a full member, so they made him a full member when Paul quit. Also, weren't they planning to make Paul a full member right before he quit? He jumped the gun too soon maybe? Doesn't matter to me though, I like Rob's tone slightly better...although I haven't heard Rob do much soloing yet.

paul is such a sick guitarist i was pist when he left. but when i heard rob on the priest tour. they guy can shredd. amazin guitarist. but paul in my opion was amazing. he can play any type of guitar style. i actually have a story about paul thats pretty cool. when i went to ozzfest. i saw paul at the down stage. i yelled paul crook. he looked at me. he came back and we talked for a fews mins. definley a very cool guy.

Paul told me, after a show one time, that he hadn't joined because he wanted to keep his options open. He wouldn't elaborate though.
I think they're both great.

tough situation i spose,paul wouldnt have much time to do his solo work if he was with thrax fulltime anyway.

cant wait for paul crook album one day.

I also thought Paul was awesome and was sad to see him go. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of bad blood between him and the guys though so that's cool. I havn't heard enough of Rob yet to have an opinion on him but I'm sure he's great from what I've read on here.