Robert Trujillo: We Will Get The Right Bass.....

the fact that they're playing it live to me implies that they think it's close to being done, which is a shame. that melody line is to hard for him to sing and the song is way to long. it's like a minute and a half long before he starts singing. i don't think they need to write top ten singles but i am not a fan of the "and justice for all" style and thats how this is written to me. not musically but structurally.

Musically I think it's OK, but lyrically James sounds like shit. He needs to quit worrying about trying to be nice and melodic and just get dirty with it like he used to.

It's nice to see Kirk playing new solos again, even though that was far from his best. I wonder if master Lars learned his lesson with making his pet soloist not play solos.

The balls up at the beginning is funny, I like Kirk's reply of ' its supposed to sound like that'.

Metallica are legends, it doesn't matter if they look old, loads of people still like them and I'm sure they don't really give a fuck what the bashers say, you ain't gonna change them.

Still, I like the song but that doesn't mean shit

I had high hopes when he said there were no words, an instrumental would be cool. Then I see all your posts saying he does sing, what a shame.

And the riff is shite, shite, shite. It's fucking Load all over again man, what are these guys doing? Why do I keep taking an interest they are fucking crap now!
At least Kirk played something approaching a solo.

everyone knows that james voice is shot live. But after screaming and the life they have lived for the past 25 years, i can understand it. For the people that say it sounds like load, well everyone has their opinon but i dont think so. I am sure that it is a work in progress still and this is the only new song that they have played live this year. And yes it does seem a little long, but if it sounded like anything off of and justice, i dont think any of us would be complaining. Personally, AJFA is one of my favorite albums of all time

the chorus sounds cool but yeah... his vocals kinda suck but there are few singer who have great live vocals.
ever heard james labrie live? blach!
anyway
anthrax either needs to get bush back or we need a new saint album. i need some good metal with badass blues vocals.
-Jono-

SMP840 said:
For the people that say it sounds like load, well everyone has their opinon but i dont think so.
I think when folks say that they're referring to the verses and the singing in the verses, definitely sounds like something off Load, but nothing else really

funny video though... even if the song is a boring uninspired rehash

James cans still sing some what but he doesn't show it when he plays with Metallica. We he did the Country Oultaws thing with Hank Jr. he sounded pretty good.

House of Seance said:
I think when folks say that they're referring to the verses and the singing in the verses, definitely sounds like something off Load, but nothing else really

funny video though... even if the song is a boring uninspired rehash

i can see what you mean lyrically. I miss the days of lyrics talking about killing your mother and all that good shit. But, i will say this, i know its an unfinished product and i have a bit of hope still in them.....and yes i am a Metallica fan, obviously. But even i dont like the 90-2005 Metallica all that much. A few songs here and there, but i too wish they could recapture some of their lost glory. Like it or not, they are metal icons and i will give them credit for trying to do new things, but i think its time they put the metal back into Metallica.

I'm not gonna hide that I'm a huge MetallicA fan since 1988... I see that most people complain about James voice... There are always critics which are fine... I think his voice got very tired expecially towards the end of St.Anger tour, and he really sounded not so good in the last U.S. legs in 2004... As some of you might know they toured in Europe in June 06 and played the whole Puppets album. The rest after StAnger tour helped James a lot I believe. He really sounded great in that European tour. Check the video of Battery below, it's from the same tour as the posted video of the new song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn8B6bGAx0g&search=metallica battery 2006

you answered your own question, they have a mamouth staus so they have the balls to do what ever they want, they don't care what you think.

karrokid said:
you answered your own question, they have a mamouth staus so they have the balls to do what ever they want, they don't care what you think.
it's too bad Metallica have yet to actually make a ballsy move

thraxx said:
...I just laughed my balls off ......... 1:15 .............. The New Song by Metallica - excellent cameras and sound and the unforgettable monologue by Tru........Just fukking brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsbUUEOT9g

Its moments like that, that make Metallica such a great band on stage..funny stuff!. As for the new song i like it but its too longggggg, i like that bouncy groovy riff thing just before the vocals kick in. Still a step in the right direction after St anger

It will sound better on the record!

karrokid said:

They have everything to lose, especially after St. Anger not selling so well and the tour not as large as previous tours.

3Storms said:
They have everything to lose, especially after St. Anger not selling so well and the tour not as large as previous tours.

Not really, they have so much money from the past that the next record could sell all of 1 copy and not make a dent in their pockets