Robert Trujillo: We Will Get The Right Bass.....

I feel bad for Robert Trujillo. He is a very good (and underrated) Bass Player who just happened to walk into a bad situation/ time with Metallica. I don't think he'll ever be able to establish himself in this Band and he gets a bad rap for it.
Cripes, Jason had a bad enough time of it trying to climb out from Cliff's Shadow!

tommyv said:
I feel bad for Robert Trujillo. He is a very good (and underrated) Bass Player who just happened to walk into a bad situation/ time with Metallica. I don't think he'll ever be able to establish himself in this Band and he gets a bad rap for it.
Cripes, Jason had a bad enough time of it trying to climb out from Cliff's Shadow!
At least RT got paid and didn't have to go through the high school BS they put JN through!

I have a theory as to what set Metallica apart from the other big four bands and shot them into the mammoth status they have. They didn't make a music video until 1989 or 1990. I remember as a kid seeing their video for One and being shocked. I was like "woah, this is what they look like when they perform". These were the days when kids didn't have internet. And most kids didn't have the $$$ to buy the home videos. There was this mystique about this band that others didn't quite have.

i found this comment on the video rather amusing:

BleedofHate (2 days ago)
Jaymz must stop trying to sing, he just scream the hell out of him period, if they want someone to sing hire John Bush!!!!

tommyv said:

a bad situation lol,its made him a millionare.....

3Storms said:
They have everything to lose, especially after St. Anger not selling so well and the tour not as large as previous tours.

Not selling well? St Anger was the most pre ordered album in Elektras history so it still sold a few mil for the band.

fuelee2004 said:
Not selling well? St Anger was the most pre ordered album in Elektras history so it still sold a few mil for the band.
Yeah, I know it debuted at #1, although that doesn't mean it continued to sell after the first week.

I think it's ok. If the riffs were a little chunkier it would sort of remind me of The Small Hours a little bit. I just wish he would stop trying to sing and get back to that Hetfield "growl" I loved so much back in the day.

that's the problem with Jaymz these days is that he tries to sing all pretty and shit. When I saw them a few years ago, he was "crooning" during Fade To Black. Totally ruining the song. And I'm still buying the new record the day it comes out. Shit. I don't even want to know why I feel compelled to do so, but when Metallica releases a new album, I'm there.

Robert Trujillo is a great player. Thank God I still have my Suicidal Tendencies & Infectious Grooves cd's.

I don't get it.
Who are those weird old guys playing with the dude from Suicidal Tendencies?

Scott_Ian_Is_God said:
The lyrics sucked tho... but hey, some of riffs was alright and the solo was alright too.
They're still working on the lyrics. It's a work in progress.