Rock Band drums and EZdrummer?

tr3nt

May 28, 2009
I was thinking, since the drum kit for the video game Rock Band is USB, is there a way to plug it into your pc, and set the drums to midi notes then apply a vsti like EZdrumer to it and record with it? Just an idea, haha. Thanks in advance for responses, and Godbless.

Dunno if this is possible or not, but in any case I'm pretty sure those drums aren't velocity sensitive.

I did some research and it is possible. Check this:

Last edited by a moderator:
This chick is funny to watch (aside from boob jiggling):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZ7InHuATU&feature=related

My point for posting this, it's the ION drum kit, it's made for Rock Band and it's better than that other P.O.S. and they're only around 250 bucks...I've read you can use them with vst drum plugins just like any midi trigger. Might be a better option for more serious-minded recording. They actually look more like a drum kit anyway, rather than some 4 pad setup like the RB drumkit (or having to buy 2 of them and rig them together like that first vid demonstrates).
this should be on the boob threado_O

WOW.. thanks for that video ^.^

anyway, my friend has the Guitar Hero 4 drum kit, which has two cymbals, and then the kick pedal and toms and snare. =\

yeah there's a program out there that does all this for ya. I get too much latency and it throws my tempo off though.

the guitar hero kit is velocity sensitive and works as a set of e-drums, i am going to be using my friends on some shit soon :D