Rock Band game now open for ENCHANT's MUSIC!

Anakinnnn

Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
Okay, I posted this at a couple of other prog music sites I frequent.... but I am SPECIFICALLY posting this here for Enchant to take advantage of.
Ed, Ted? Anyone? If you guys are reading this, you have REALLY got to jump on board here..... I am a huge fan of Rock Band and an even bigger fan of Enchant.... the two should be together and now it can be with little to no investment on your part other than time. Now, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Harmonix/Rock Band to allow any musician to upload tracks to the Downloadable Content Store. Tracks can be $.50-$3.00 and musicians decide how much to charge. Musicians keep 30% of sales.

Here's a link to the story:
http://kotaku.com/5317012/rock-band-network-lets-anyone-upload-their-music-launches-in-09

Okay, so listen up prog metal bands... for those of you around here that don't play rhythm games, Rock Band is arguably the most professional and mature music-based video game around and is a blast to play.
As you might have guessed, the available tracks to play when it comes to prog/power metal are extremely limited, though not terrible. There's a fair sampling of nu-metal and classic rock and hair metal, but only Dream Theater, Coheed and Cambria, Iron Maiden, Rush, and Children of Bodom would be bands mentioned around these parts on a day-to-day basis.
However, that could change if a lot of the bands around here make use of this new way to market themselves... If I had a prog band, trying to make some extra money and win over new fans, this is the way I would do it hands down.

Most major bands have issues with licensing and rights through their publishers and management when it comes to participating in something like Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but from what I have seen, the prog/power metal scene is a lot more fluid and dynamic in terms of rights and management. Most bands own their own music rights and many around here are self-published so participating in uploading their music to a video game is pretty damn inviting if you ask me. Plus, the cost of taking part in this is next to nothing. You just send them the song!

Someone would have to seriously be off their rocker not to do this if you have a good management/publisher that's small enough to work with you as a band on this.

Good luck with it and I look forward to playing the likes of more prog metal around here!

Anakin

Hey thanks for this, very cool. I knoiw there is a crazy version of Prognosis out there on u tube I think? with some game?

Ed

Okay, I posted this at a couple of other prog music sites I frequent.... but I am SPECIFICALLY posting this here for Enchant to take advantage of.
Ed, Ted? Anyone? If you guys are reading this, you have REALLY got to jump on board here..... I am a huge fan of Rock Band and an even bigger fan of Enchant.... the two should be together and now it can be with little to no investment on your part other than time. Now, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Harmonix/Rock Band to allow any musician to upload tracks to the Downloadable Content Store. Tracks can be $.50-$3.00 and musicians decide how much to charge. Musicians keep 30% of sales.

Here's a link to the story:
http://kotaku.com/5317012/rock-band-network-lets-anyone-upload-their-music-launches-in-09

Okay, so listen up prog metal bands... for those of you around here that don't play rhythm games, Rock Band is arguably the most professional and mature music-based video game around and is a blast to play.
As you might have guessed, the available tracks to play when it comes to prog/power metal are extremely limited, though not terrible. There's a fair sampling of nu-metal and classic rock and hair metal, but only Dream Theater, Coheed and Cambria, Iron Maiden, Rush, and Children of Bodom would be bands mentioned around these parts on a day-to-day basis.
However, that could change if a lot of the bands around here make use of this new way to market themselves... If I had a prog band, trying to make some extra money and win over new fans, this is the way I would do it hands down.

Most major bands have issues with licensing and rights through their publishers and management when it comes to participating in something like Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but from what I have seen, the prog/power metal scene is a lot more fluid and dynamic in terms of rights and management. Most bands own their own music rights and many around here are self-published so participating in uploading their music to a video game is pretty damn inviting if you ask me. Plus, the cost of taking part in this is next to nothing. You just send them the song!

Someone would have to seriously be off their rocker not to do this if you have a good management/publisher that's small enough to work with you as a band on this.

Good luck with it and I look forward to playing the likes of more prog metal around here!

Anakin