Rock Harvest

Sorry, I never caught the comment from the promoter about getting a band that PP wanted......

I took it as cheap butt kissing....

No thanks Milton - I am happy just being a mere acquantence of the festival. :)

Milton - get your ass to Chicago ragnarokkr weekend so you can say that to my face!!!!!!! Then I can tell you to your face what I think of Angra.. Then you can tell me to my face what you think of Manilla Road. It will be like LARPing, Forum style!!!!!

Comments from Rock Harvest promoter himself, such as "Pretty cool to be able to confirm a band that ProgPower USA has always wanted" and "This will be the "it" festival for next year, second to none, even ProgPower."

Wow... that's just delusional. And I'm willing to bet anyone that Anubis Gate never plays RHIII. The event will either be canceled entirely or the promoters will never come through with money necessary to bring AG here. Unless AG is covering their own flights, I'll be shocked if this happens. And if AG is covering their own flights, they'd be better off just playing NYC than involving themselves in this debacle.

Milton - get your ass to Chicago ragnarokkr weekend so you can say that to my face!!!!!!! Then I can tell you to your face what I think of Angra.. Then you can tell me to my face what you think of Manilla Road. It will be like LARPing, Forum style!!!!!

LOFLMAO, YES!!!!!

"Hi Jason, I am Milton! +5 DEFENSE NOW!"
"ANGRA SUCKS!!!" (+20 damage)
"MANILLA ROAD IS THE WORST BAND EVER!" (counterspell, +20 Damage)

Randy-Savage.png

#SHOTSFIRED

Wow... that's just delusional. And I'm willing to bet anyone that Anubis Gate never plays RHIII. The event will either be canceled entirely or the promoters will never come through with money necessary to bring AG here. Unless AG is covering their own flights, I'll be shocked if this happens. And if AG is covering their own flights, they'd be better off just playing NYC than involving themselves in this debacle.

same goes for Warlord. It is a shame they are locked into this fest now.

You are so transparent it isn't even funny!!!!!

I guess you can go to Warlord and say, "Hey, we have REAL $$$$" (Well sort of)........

what am I being transparent of? It is common knowledge that Ragnarokkr fest would love to have Warlord. Plus yes there is real money there as well. So again, you need your bigger soup spoon to stir the pot my freind.

I thought Mark was overly kind, given the result. Look at it this way, the biggest (most relevant) name they had (Ashes) at their 3 Day festival, was a mid-tier band at ProgPower's 2 Day festival.

I like how he kind of blamed hair bands for it all going south. Come on Mark that wasn't the issue.
I thought Justin was joking about the fashion reviewing, well at least Grohmen has his angle. I do think he missed his calling, his fashion reviews would have been great in Metal Edge.

same goes for Warlord. It is a shame they are locked into this fest now.
They're only locked into this festival until they don't get paid, than they'll be free to reschedule. :Spin:

I'm starting to wonder if PP sold out so quickly because of the Rock Harvest "festival". People got a firsthand look at what a ProgPowerless U.S. landscape would look like and bought their PP tickets as quickly as they could.

what am I being transparent of? It is common knowledge that Ragnarokkr fest would love to have Warlord. Plus yes there is real money there as well. So again, you need your bigger soup spoon to stir the pot my freind.

Yes, but you never say that in your posts, though we all know why you keep bringing them up, hence the tranparency.........

Well, the good thing is that if it doesn't go down, hopefully they would be more willing to come

And of course we're going to compare other fests to PPUSA. That's a common benchmark for people on this forum, for obvious reasons.

I saw their comment about getting the band; I still don't think they were trying to compete even making that comment in jest.
I suppose you are right since it is this particular forum, and that explains why no matter what the "regular" PP peps are talking about they have to somehow slip in a Glenn stroke. (here comes the bash from someone I'm sure). But seriously does Glenn need to be stroked on everything and every topic? This is no attack towards him or the festival but come on.

Progpower and these other festivals are completely different and honestly not comparable nor should they really be. Granted Progpower is a more comfortable and better ran festival than any other American metal festival hands down. However the comparison in the types of bands and audiences are so very different with some of these other festivals. Not saying one is better than the other just saying it is ignorant to really compare them.
For example; PPUSA much better ran, more people, bigger stage, better venue, but for my personal taste I have preferred the bands Ragnorokkr has had the past three years. but that is my taste and I know the bands are almost like a completely different genre sorta. The audience is way different too; the metal fans up there never have a clueless look across their face when you talk metal with them, I can't say the same about the majority of people at Progpower unfortunately. I am not trying to insulting them it is just totally different.
Comparing PP to other festivals in the U.S. is not really fair to any of the festivals Progpower included. I see comparing PP to another like comparing a baseball game to a football game, the only comparison is they are both sports. Besides Progpower as an even has in ways almost transcended the idea of just being merely music festival in several ways.
Sorry if that did not struck any cocks or egos, and if it did well that wasn't the intention, I'm just saying what I think. So not I'm ready for everyone to take this wrong as usual.