Rock Harvest

:lol: I wasn't trash talking at all.

I meant it as a serious question. A big stage and a respectable festival's name is a way to show respect to a deserving band, indeed. But do you really think they would:

A) draw enough people on their own to justify it, and
B) gather enough interest from the "average" progpower attendee to stick around to their set? I mean let's face it... they're not really in "our style", they're not really relevant, discussed in the forums... I don't know man, maybe if you want to make Rage look like they played for a full room?

They are a power metal band (one of the first power metal bands at that) with one of prog metal's most noted drummers. I'd say they're "our style." I mean, Overkill isn't exactly Kamelot either :lol:

Is drawing on their own a major criteria? Because on the lower time slots I doubt many PPUSA bands brought in people just for them.

Edit just to address the Rage comparison. I never suggested they headline like Rage did. I'd just like to see them play.

So you're saying the ProgPower "audience" is a bunch of sheep, as you stated time and time before??

Man, you don't learn....

You said that not me, read in what you like.
BUT if you know how advertising works...
Come on man people at the festival float the vendors every year after the announcement with no idea who the bands announced are, the craziest being people who did not know Fates Warning. So you are saying that bands announced to be on the bill will not cause people to be interested? That is total ignorance if you believe otherwise.

Didn't see merch from any other bands, but also there was no designated area for merch, there was some here and some there, so I easily could have missed it.

Wait, what? Didn't you leave your jacket or sweatshirt on top of our merch chest at some point? We had all our merch there. In fact, we sold more than a usual amount that day. I remember you and Bobbie coming and hanging with us near the merch area... which was featured in the news!

69fn.jpg

I have nothing else to add to this thread, except that if there's one thing you can always count on us for, it's merchandising.

yogurtDoll.jpg

You said that not me, read in what you like.
BUT if you know how advertising works...
Come on man people at the festival float the vendors every year after the announcement with no idea who the bands announced are, the craziest being people who did not know Fates Warning. So you are saying that bands announced to be on the bill will not cause people to be interested? That is total ignorance if you believe otherwise.

Nice try, Jeremy. Keep digging the hole.

They were the only REAL metal band on the bill.

I find it absolutely hysterical that a "metal" vendor wastes his time on a festival that, in his own words, "only has one real metal band" and has a forum full of people who (in his own words again) do "exactly as they're told by the promoter."

I find it absolutely hysterical that a "metal" vendor wastes his time on a festival that, in his own words, "only has one real metal band" and has a forum full of people who (in his own words again) do "exactly as they're told by the promoter."

Yeah, I'm glad you noticed this too lol. smh

This fest caught more flack than the Triton Power Cruise, if that was possible!
Because Triton did not have any of the bands screaming bloody murder about payments. Furthermore, Triton was a for-profit operation, while RHII was supposed to benefit cops who died off duty.

here we go again.....

update on facebook from Rock Harvest...

By next week I will have a press release/statement pertaining to the potential future of RH III and the reason for the fallout of RH II. Thank you Lyle Hawkins.

sadly we all know the reason for the fallout of RHII.

here we go again.....

update on facebook from Rock Harvest...

By next week I will have a press release/statement pertaining to the potential future of RH III and the reason for the fallout of RH II. Thank you Lyle Hawkins.

sadly we all know the reason for the fallout of RHII.

In other words, "let me use a week to come up with some bullshit pr to trick you all again."