rock / indie kind of band

blow

finished tracking today, so not really a "mix" yet. need to reamp guitars still as these are pretty nasty podfarm guitars right now.

LOTS of natural snare in this one, just some sample reinforcement on the heavier bits. toms were samples unfortunately due to old skins :(

looking forward to mixing this one properly, but some feedback so far would be cool as my ears are pretty shot!

EDIT: newer version with reamped guitars. 6505, green channel, sm57, mesa cab

def it sounds great. stoked to listen the final mix.:) some info about distortion guitar tone? really good for pod farm.

updated with a newer version with reamped guitars. sorry about the clipping, its not a final or anything yet, just a quick version for now.

guitars are 5150 on green channel, just at the point where they break up. wanted to keep things quite clean on this.

thoughts?

guitars in the pod version were that lower gain mesa amp, cant remember the model. didnt spend long on the tone other than getting the nasty mids out.

Cali Crunch? with the default cab/mic when you load the amp?
thanks and i´d appreciate your answer.

I was a bit nervous when I saw that you used a 5150 for this song but you still managed to keep that feel. Nice work. Love the drum sound as well. The only thing I would say is that the intro vocals sound a bit muffled but I don't know if it's more performance or mix related.

ed, id deess the vox, they are very harsh from time to time.
the rest of the mix is cool, gels pretty well, though id love a little more "in your face" quality when the drums kick in. not sure if its the drums are very low,
even for this kind of music.