Rock-ish/Carcass-ish gore grind band GAF

nice guitartone!
I just think snare and kick yould come up a bit though. snare could have a bit more of the direct mic IMO, seems a bit far back.

so I'd either lower guits, bass and Overheads or raise kick, snare and perhaps vox.

really like the tones!
any more details on the guitars?

Thanks!

The guitar setup all in all was: LTD viper vb-400 -> ts-7 modded to 808 with jbroll's instructions -> marshall jcm800 2204 from '86 -> some marshall cab from the 60's with new cones(not sure if they're vintage 30's. propably are) -> 1 sm57 -> pro tools. can't remember the preamp.

I didn't have to do much to the raw sound to make it sound like I wanted it, a touch of C4 for the low mids, a 2,5 db boost around 4-6 khz or something. no high or low passing. No resonant peak attenuating, which I usually HAVE to do to make it sound decent. propably the best cab I've ever used.

I really like the sound of the guitar too! old school :)

hmm. the vocals we're the only thing I used plug-ins... hmm... the mic was a Neumann u87. I think I used REQ to cut below 100, boost with hi shelf of about 9db from 3khz(yeah I know, it's a lot!). then RVox to compress it somewhat alot. De-esser to cut the nasty consonants. and I had a a touch of the SSL compressor there too. not much though.