Rock 'n Roll recommendations?

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
I'm looking for some recommendations as to rock 'n roll music, akin to the Hellacopters and Betty Blowtorch style of rock. Just good loud, simple, loud rock n' roll that you just gotta play loud.

Any suggestions?

Hair Of The Dog :D
Get any album of theirs you see (theres 3, Rise is the best, which Sydo will find out once I stop being a lazy bastard and send it to him, and the other 2 are great as well :) )

Ten, sorta like 80s Whitesnake, Babylon is their best, but everything except Far Beyond The World is really worth buying.

Andrew W.K. : I Get Wet, this is great, I recommend it to everyone, if you cant smile when you listen to this album, you are already dead, even if it is the same song 13 times :)

Journey! No idea if they're like those bands you mentioned because I'm not familiar with their work, but Journey ROCKS! And if Steve Perry ain't one of the all-time great singers, then nobody is.

21 Guns and Jackyl are both excellent.

Jackyl sound exactly like AC/DC though, nothing original lol. But most excellent! Just raw bluesy hard rock with dirty vocals and sleazy lyrics. Tanya got me onto them by sending me She Loves My Cock, classic song!

21 Guns are just loud in your face dirty hard rock metal rock'n'roll stuff lol. There's also Talon, not so much in your face loud dirty hard rock though, more Dokken styled melodic hard rock.

You could also try Buckcherry. I don't like them that much but they are pretty raw loud in yor face rock & roll.

That's all I can think of as far as recent bands go. Of course there are about a million great rock & roll bands from the '80s :D

Like Spawn said, Andrew WK and Hair Of The Dog both rock! :headbang:

Also check out Union, Slash's Snakepit and Sammy Hagar. :)

BUCKCHERRY don't fuck about go and get it...yeah stop reading this and go get one of their albums

NOW DAMMIT!!

i apoligise for any stupidness 'cause i am realllly drunk :D

I've tried something from most of these bands, but they're still not quite what I'm looking for. What about suggestions tending towards the "punkier" style of rock. I think that's what I'm after.

Originally posted by phlogiston
I've tried something from most of these bands, but they're still not quite what I'm looking for. What about suggestions tending towards the "punkier" style of rock. I think that's what I'm after.

Thats Andrew W.K! :headbang: