Rocklahoma '08 Main Stage Lineup

War Ensemble

Enos, You Dipstick!
May 8, 2003
Hazzard County
Visit site
They had their press conference today. This appears to be the current lineup for the main stage. Info "borrowed" from the ROK forum.

Thursday:
Jetboy
House Of Lords
Vain
Enuff Z'Nuff (with Jake E Lee guest guitarist?)
LA Guns (Tracii Guns version)
Bret Michaels

Friday:
XYZ
Armored Saint
Kingdom Come
Night Ranger
TBA
Extreme (co-headliner. 3/4 of original lineup, including Cherone and Bettencourt)
Triumph (co-headliner)

Saturday:

Pretty Boy Floyd
Every Mother's Nightmare
Tora Tora
Black N Blue (w/Jamie St. James)
Trixter
Kix
Warrant (w/Jani Lane)
Cinderella (headliner or possible co-headliner)
***Another co-headliner might be added later***

Sunday
Axe
Beautiful Creatures
Zebra
Lynch Mob
TBA
Tesla
*** The "mega" headliner will be announced later.***

Last year Twisted Sister was the surprise "mega" headliner. I'm guessing Def Leppard or Scorpions, if their planned North American tour is around that time.

I'm also picking Armored Saint as the oddball of this lineup.

Tyketto was really looking to play Rocklahoma this year, in fact asking fans to email trying to get them to play their. I would of liked to see them play there. They've played a bunch over sees and soon in Brazil but not here in the States in a long time. XYZ, Tora Tora, and Extreme is just not enough to make the haul.

Not bad, I hope that over time this turns more into a Wacken type of festival where instead of just mostly hair metal bands you can have more power, thrash, traditional, and darker bands thrown in just for over all great metal variety like a true overseas festival.

While I am not really a fan of hair metal (never was), I do SERIOUSLY applaud this festival's lineup.

They dig deep into more of the undergrounf hair metal bands, such as VAIN, who weren't as popular as the big ones, such as Poison, Warrant, etc...

I know of a few other bands that will be on the bill at ROCKLAHOMA, and these bands most people here know. KRUCIBLE, and MINDFLOW

I don't think Rocklahoma is going to go for the extreme stuff, they want the bands that got mass followers and really sold well in the midwest for local drivers and nearby cities, and then out of staters is a bonus. If anything, and I know there were issues on here before, the most likely to do well and morph more into a Wacken style thing would be the TMT Metalfest, which although I'm not going (Headbangers Open Air and Wacken in Germany instead) I wish the best of luck too, and may go to in the future if it continues to grow.

So now is Rocklahoma morphing into a hair metal AND a prog/power metal fest? Interesting to see newer bands, espeically up and coming ones like Krucible and the like.

You would not believe what went into getting the prog/power bands on the bill, but it is done, and it will be awesome.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: Thanks to all involved that went the extra mile for all these up and coming bands, you know who you are. I salute you.:headbang::headbang::worship:notworthy:headbang::headbang:

Armored Saint and Kingdom Come (I've never seen them) are making this mighty tempting......and a chance to see Triumph would be great as well.

This is an interesting lineup. It was said above, I also like the fact that they are diggin' into the genre a bit to book bands such as XYZ, Jetboy, Every Mother's Nightmare, and Vain. None of those bands broke big back in the day, but still made quality music.

Why House of Lords isn't on this bill yet is beyond me though! It would also be cool to see a Hurricane reunion with Doug Aldrich on lead guitar. :headbang:

I agree with GraveDigger, I'd like to see this festival turn into an American version of Wacken. :headbang:

~Brian~