Rocklahoma '08 Main Stage Lineup

I have an Every Mother's Nightmare album :)

Its a cool lineup of lots of pop shit. But fun music ...

Maybe the headliner will be Whitesnake since they have a new cd coming out soon!

This is an interesting lineup. It was said above, I also like the fact that they are diggin' into the genre a bit to book bands such as XYZ, Jetboy, Every Mother's Nightmare, and Vain. None of those bands broke big back in the day, but still made quality music.

Why House of Lords isn't on this bill yet is beyond me though! It would also be cool to see a Hurricane reunion with Doug Aldrich on lead guitar. :headbang:

I agree with GraveDigger, I'd like to see this festival turn into an American version of Wacken. :headbang:

~Brian~

Hey man, you need to check the lineup again! House of Lords is playing on Thursday!

House of Lords kicks ass. I was listening to their latest album on the way home from Grave Digger the other night and they still rock in a major way. Whitesnake would be a great headliner for this like someone else said due to the new album coming out. Doug Aldrich is a GOD! Also how about Blue Murder? You never know, Eddie Trunk said he was going to talk to John Sykes later this week and was gonna choke him into doing a Blue Murder reunion. Eddie Trunk foreshadows a lot of things lately including Ripper joining Yngwie before that was public news as Ripper was on there with Eddie and they made mention that if he was with Yngwie Malmsteen it would be Yngwies band but with Iced Earth he thought he would have some creative control. Also how about Yngwie? He will be doing some shows in Europe with Ripper this summer, why not play Rocklahoma?

House of Lords kicks ass. I was listening to their latest album on the way home from Grave Digger the other night and they still rock in a major way. Whitesnake would be a great headliner for this like someone else said due to the new album coming out. Doug Aldrich is a GOD! Also how about Blue Murder? You never know, Eddie Trunk said he was going to talk to John Sykes later this week and was gonna choke him into doing a Blue Murder reunion. Eddie Trunk foreshadows a lot of things lately including Ripper joining Yngwie before that was public news as Ripper was on there with Eddie and they made mention that if he was with Yngwie Malmsteen it would be Yngwies band but with Iced Earth he thought he would have some creative control. Also how about Yngwie? He will be doing some shows in Europe with Ripper this summer, why not play Rocklahoma?

I'd even like to see Sykes do some of his solo material. I'd even like them to take Rocklahoma into bringing melodic rock bands over that continually tour overseas like D.A.D., Tyketto/Vaughn, Harem Scarem (yeah, I know they've said their done touring), Brother Firetribe, Pink Cream 69, Freak Kitchen, Europe, Gotthard, Thunder, The Poodles, Starbreaker, etc. Some exposure to some of these bands current material to large crowds over hear might really push the scene here in the States.

Here is the list of bands for the 2 side stages.

"Two side stages adjacent to the main stage feature over twenty-eight regional artists on each stage.

The Retrospect Records stage includes the following bands:"

ALIBI
BAD CANDY
BLUE TIGER
CUTTLASS
FRONT RUNNER
GYPSY BLUE
HEARTLESS
HERAZZ
JESTER
LORRAINE
MARIAH
MASS
MESSANG
NASTY NASTY
OMMY HAD A VISION
ONEY
PAIR-A-DICE
PAUL SHORTINO
REAL STEEL
RECKLESS
RON KEEL
SIDEKIXX
STRIKEFORCE
VALOR
VYPER
WARRYOR
WHITEFOXX
WILD AUGUST

The other stage:

ASPHALT VALENTINE
BANSHEE
CROOKED X
DEATHRIDERS (featuring Neil Turbin)
DIRTY PENNY
GODS OF KANSAS
GYPSY PISTOLEROS
KARNEVIL (featuring Dario Lorina)
KRUCIBLE (featuring Lance King)
LIPSTICK MAGAZINE
MINDFLOW
POWND
SHADOWSIDE
SWEET FA
TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION
WARMACHINE

Am I the only one that laughed at the fact Armored Saint is playing a glam fest? hah.

:lol:

Edit: retarded me just looked at the second stage. Whwhwhwhwhat?! Nice.

Well damn, looks like I'll be hanging out at "the other stage"!!!!! :loco:

Whitesnake would ensure my attendance. With Triumph, Vain, MindFlow, Krucible, and Deathriders, it's pretty much a sure thing already.

I just decided, I'm going to make this happen! I'd be stupid to miss this! Is this a camping event? Can anyone compare the conditions to Cornerstone Festival in IL or Carnival of Chaos in MI? (Those are the only two camping fests I've been to. Haven't been to Wacken, so comparisons wouldn't do so well for me, maybe others though)... Oh also, how far is it from the airport? Thanks for any help ya'll can give! I missed Rocklahoma last year because it was the same weekend as Texas Madfest, so I really don't know anything about it. :)

Check this out!!!!!!

Nightmare Records, Blastzone Entertainment Group, and Chavis Records have teamed up to form a new partnership, the Tri-Label Group.

The Tri-Label Group intends to bring you four incredible days of music entertainment on the second stage (North) at this year's major U.S. rock festival, Rocklahoma.

Rocklahoma is set to take place July 10-13, 2008 in Pryor, OK. This highly touted event triumphs all others in the U.S. Rocklahoma will bring you four days of nonstop, festive, 1980s-era rock music. Last year, the rock n' roll event brought over 30,000 fans from all over the globe to see the best in rock entertainment.

As the headliners are preparing to perform on the main stage, you will enjoy the unbelievable line-up Tri-Label Group has put together for you on the second stage (North)!! Tri-Label Group is preparing to indulge you with a massive amount of heavy talent destined to rock your world; featuring not only a mixed array of top notched musical acts from each of the three labels, but additional high profile talent that will provide you with raging rock and metallic energy.

The confirmed acts for second stage (North) thus far are as follows (in alphabetical order):

ASPHALT VALENTINE
BONESHAKER
DANGEROUS INC.
DEATHRIDERS (feat. ex-ANTHRAX singer Neil Turbin)
GODS OF KANSAS
KRUCIBLE (LANCE KING)
LIPSTICK MAGAZINE
MINDFLOW
ORDER OF NINE
POWND
SACRED DAWN
SHADOWSIDE
THE JACKYLS
WARMACHINE

Well, as of this morning, we were informed we would be getting positions to fill in Oklahoma. If it pans out, I plan on combining some work with a trip out to catch some bands around, oh, say the middle of July. :D Cross your fingers!