Rockstar: Supernova

sahlinja

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2006
i usually stay away from reality shows, but this one has me hooked. it's like the metal version of american idol. anyone else watch it?

What the fuck are you talkin about??? Gilby Clarke played for GNR for a very short amount of time. Tommy Lee played for the Crue while good, NOT METAL!!! Dave Navarro is a glam fag that played one album with the Peppers and Janes Addiction, NOT METAL!!! And well Newsted dont get me wrong I love the guy but he played on one Metallica album that you cant even hear him on that could be considered metal and he played for the mighty FLOTSAM AND JETSAM AND VOIVOD!!! Does anyone ever mention any of that besides the later Metallica Albums and his echo brain stuff. NO!!!!!!! Not one of these kids has even remotely sang a metal song. Mostly Nirvana and Soundgarden Bullshit. Fuck Nirvana, Dave Grohel shouldve killed Kurt before his atrociousness was brought upon the world and just formed Probot instead. I support Newsted and Tommy for what theyve done but Gilby Clarke is a tool . Dave Navarro is as gay as they come.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
What the fuck are you talkin about??? Gilby Clarke played for GNR for a very short amount of time. Tommy Lee played for the Crue while good, NOT METAL!!! Dave Navarro is a glam fag that played one album with the Peppers and Janes Addiction, NOT METAL!!! And well Newsted dont get me wrong I love the guy but he played on one Metallica album that you cant even hear him on that could be considered metal and he played for the mighty FLOTSAM AND JETSAM AND VOIVOD!!! Does anyone ever mention any of that besides the later Metallica Albums and his echo brain stuff. NO!!!!!!! Not one of these kids has even remotely sang a metal song. Mostly Nirvana and Soundgarden Bullshit. Fuck Nirvana, Dave Grohel shouldve killed Kurt before his atrociousness was brought upon the world and just formed Probot instead. I support Newsted and Tommy for what theyve done but Gilby Clarke is a tool . Dave Navarro is as gay as they come.

Call it 80's glam metal or hard rock. Whatever. You are really splitting hairs and missing the point. Would it placate you if I said 80's hard rock musicians? would that keep you from missing the point?

derek said:
The irony of the show and what it pretends to be puts me off watching.

The show itself is barely even hard rock ever it's true. They do seem to be giving the people more hard rock now though then before. I just hit mute when one of them does Coldplay or Radiohead.

I am currious as to how much input the musicians on the panel were able to give as far as some of the horrid song choices the singers had forced on them.