rocktron voodu valve

Severed Index

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2006
victoria, AUS
www.myspace.com
gday
this is my first ever post here. usually i just read but now im getting pro-active. I picked up a rocktron voodu valve and a midi mate dirt cheap not long ago, and Im really finding it difficult to record a good hi gain sound directly into nuendo. anyone had any experience with it? it generally lloks to be a good unit, but for DI recording it sounds like ass. ive got a focusrite 26i/o as my interface. it sounds a shitload better thru the power section of my dual rect. and thru the cabs. :heh: help anyone?

I'd take that as an excuse for putting it through the power amp and cab. If I'm not mistaken, it's only a preamp - so you're not getting the power amp 'chunk' or the necessary speaker response (two of the big factors in making it sound more like a guitar and less like a fizzy ball of hissing cats) to get a 'normal' sound.

Jeff

I tried the direct recording with the voodu on a firepod. And I have to say... I does not sound very good.
I'm sure you could, after a while experimentating, find a sound that'll please you.
One of the problems is for me... too many parameters on the preamp to take care of.
"a good hi gain sound directly".....
I had enough of that preamp and bought a dual rectifier.

It sure sounds cool for cleans and leads. But for rythm metal guitars, it's not so good.