Rocktron Zombie

carvedones

May 16, 2007
Has anyone used one of these pedals?
I am thinking of getting one for my amp as the gain channel just isnt getting near the sound im after.

Try before buy. What amp are you using? What sound are you after? Have you boosted or EQ'd it?

Rocktron is a badass company with great customer support and products that I have not been able to find problems with, so I wouldn't think of slamming them, but I've found (note, though, that I'm not familiar gear, so take this as such) that if you have decent gear, it's probably not holding you back from the sound you're after.

Jeff

Jeff.
Im using a Crate BV120. Im trying to get a more rectifier type vibe going. Although the gain isnt bad on it, it just hasnt got the balls to it that im going for. Im a big fan of Nevermores tone and am trying to get something similar but with the crate (so its more personal sounding). Hope that you understand what im trying to say.

My guitar is a Kramer 620 with an emg 81. Behringer quadbox with Eminence v12's.

That pedal isn't going to beat the Crate. If you haven't tried it with a TS you really should - Marty Friedman uses these a lot and seems to think of them as being very Engl-ish, and seeing as how the Nevermore guys are now using Engls you can probably pull something usable out of it. If you're really trying to beat that I don't know what you could go for - I'd just play with the amp, maybe put an EQ in the effects loop or boost it the right way. If we were talking about a Valvetronix or something like that then it would work, but you're going to have some work to do.

Jeff

Jeff
I have been using the Crate with a Digitech Tone Driver, and still not really getting what i want from it. Its more fizzy than i want. Would you suggest a different pedal?
I am having a real hard time dialing this thing in I must say.

I got one in the mail today (cheap from ebay). I must say it is a really cool pedal. I am getting a pretty solid sounding Testament - The Gathering tone from it.
I will try it with an eq in the fx loop and see how that sounds also. If i get time tomorrow I will do a little recording with it so i can see how well it records.