Rofl Metal Hammer Awards

i know... underground and in flames dont really mix... i saw an ad for STYE on mtv during prime time... so yeah... they no inderground
i always laugh when there is an 'underground' category. as soon as someone/somewhat wins it, it stops being underground hehe.... stupid losers.

i was never huge on in flames. but fuck, they are GODLY live. although i seen them on their latest tour, in support of STYE, and there was a shitload of slipknot/korn shirt wearing fags in the crowd, AND the pit sucked (which almost automatically maked the show suck), AND anders told the crowd to 'jump' on several occasions, it was one of the best shows ive ever been too.

I read a positive review of BWP in metal hammer, but it seems to me as if they are more content in making money than promoting good metal.
As for In Flames I listened to them to much and got sick of them

Dem0n0fTheFall4 said:
they would never choose a real underground band (Opeth) In Flames are getting more popular nowadays

The gap between in flames and opeth popularity is closing fast...just so you know. Opeth isnt all that underground anymore either.

Perhaps Opeth aren't so underground as they were three or four years ago, but at least they haven't "sold out" to become less so. It's happened because they make good music and eventually got noticed by more and more people (and got better promotion and the ability to tour more).

Another thing, the Metal Hammer Awards may not have been great (and from what I saw of it, I kinda agree), but at least it was something promoting something other than Kylie, Sugarbabes, or Atomic Kitten or whatever. To me it's very welcome...especially here in the UK.

MountainDweller said:
Perhaps Opeth aren't so underground as they were three or four years ago, but at least they haven't "sold out" to become less so. It's happened because they make good music and eventually got noticed by more and more people (and got better promotion and the ability to tour more).

Another thing, the Metal Hammer Awards may not have been great (and from what I saw of it, I kinda agree), but at least it was something promoting something other than Kylie, Sugarbabes, or Atomic Kitten or whatever. To me it's very welcome...especially here in the UK.
This is true. But you just get the same kind of 14 year old girl vibe when you watch it, like when the presenter is naming the bands and HIM receive the loudest (and highest pitche) applause. The female presenter on the show was buuuuufffff though. And watching Dimebag not able to handle his poison was priceless. Akerkoke were shite, why do they force them to play their worst song, there are so many better.