Role Models

Badbird

Never banned
Oct 14, 2009
Ayn Rand is dead hahahahaha
Who should be the role models.Parents,actors and actresses,musicans,politcs people,or sports athletes?I think the parentes should be the role models.What if a kid looks up to people like Varg,Ray Lewis,Pacman Jones,and Hitler?People like that are people kids should not look up to.

Ultimately but in some cases this is not possible, those of us than can or did should feel fortunante I suppose

not following you tom but I was talking about parents, grandparents, then again some parents are their kids role models and are say alcholics next thing ya know the kids seem to have substance abuse problems. Its hard to say really, whats good for one person is not for another. My wrestling coach and also first employer were very substancial role models as well. A group of friends together can kind of be roll models or at least character forming.

Well.... theres alot there, some pertaining to natural "sowing of oats"... a bit of the cowboy heritage but still its all in how such a circle of friends deals with it. Hard to explain really but my friends have been excellent role models and character building. We were no angels but somehow we still had a good set of moral rules. Whitemans "laws" those of the wanky establishment lawmakers hunting votes and appeasing squeeky wheels are not what they are cracked up to be IMO. Myself I better appreaciate a person that dances around and across these lines yet has a more reasonable human standard of moral values, closer to the origional and void of modern whitemans petti pastie, pansy assed bullshit.

Yep, I believe some laws/rules need to be broke or at least toyed with while others make sence due to personal infringement on others. Plus all that crap is part of lifes learning curve... I'll admit doing some stuff Im abit ashamed of today... "what was I thinking?" "oops, I'll never try that again". Thats what I thought about a few of the spankings I got such as the time I came home... around 4th grade and tried some "new" words learned in school that day on my mother... yep, never did that again.

But in regards to the overwhelming volumn of "laws", "zero tolerance" and "regulations" forced down everyones throat in recent decades I had a idea for a song I started lyrics for called "Slayin' Cowboys" regarding how this country glorifies and romantisizes the grit of the American Cowboy yet today doesnt want no part of strong willed men not afraid to get down and dirty, kick up some dust, or get a bit rowdy... at least anywhere that "eyes can see" because deep down they know we're still needed but hate the fact and want to keep it limited and out of site.

"Just keep those tee shirts with the 7" sleeve on boys, we cant have you showing your chest" or god forbid a "wife beater" shirt showing those upper arm muscles, when all we want is the pits to breath and something more than a farmers tan "NO, NO, NO you macho pig", now youve pissed off the feminazi repressed lesbians... yet fine ladies walk around everyday... dolled up just right, causeing traffic accidents on every block... "eyes on the road boys"... LOL

I think the foremost role model in anyone's life should be, in an ideal situation, that person's parents. But in the last 100 years in America we have gone from the majority of adults being responsible and setting a good example for their children to bring more responsible adults into the next generation, to now it being everyone for themselves in a pleasure free for all, and role-modeling is something done by people on the idiot-box.

Just look at the latest headlines to see how that is working out.

I think the foremost role model in anyone's life should be, in an ideal situation, that person's parents. But in the last 100 years in America we have gone from the majority of adults being responsible and setting a good example for their children to bring more responsible adults into the next generation, to now it being everyone for themselves in a pleasure free for all, and role-modeling is something done by people on the idiot-box.

Just look at the latest headlines to see how that is working out.

The idiot-box has done damage to role models parents alot.Parents could do lots of dumb stuff when they are married and then a kid has to look up to a actor.This is just not right.

life has a wide variety of role models so its up to the person which bag of shit they want to subscribe to. Then someone could be practical and realize both sides of the fence and all points in between have their positive and negative attributes.

life has a wide variety of role models so its up to the person which bag of shit they want to subscribe to. Then someone could be practical and realize both sides of the fence and all points in between have their positive and negative attributes.

Parents need to teach kids about the "good" and "bad" things in life.Not some rich baseball player.

Whos to say who another person should look up to or not?

I feel it depends on whatever motivates the individual, not for me to spoon feed them who I think they should be looking up to because in their eyes, they are perfect role models because they motivate and inspire.

...Just my two cents.

If a parent is not active in child raising and being the proper example for the child to emulate, that adult is a failure. Period. Animals understand (since they don't really have a choice) that there chief responsibility is to raise healthy offspring. Humans think they are so smart they do the dumbest stuff, like either not having kids, or living in the most unhealthy ways possible and passing that lifestyle example off on their offspring.

If a parent is not active in child raising and being the proper example for the child to emulate, that adult is a failure. Period. Animals understand (since they don't really have a choice) that there chief responsibility is to raise healthy offspring. Humans think they are so smart they do the dumbest stuff, like either not having kids, or living in the most unhealthy ways possible and passing that lifestyle example off on their offspring.

Humans can be very dumb.Parents that abuse it's child shouldn't be a parent anyway.If stuff like that happens to the child,who does he have to looked up to.