ROLL CALL - CONFESSOR reunion show in Raleigh (5/18)

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Who all is going?! I will have Divebomb merch table up selling the new Confessor set as well as the Fly Machine reissue too. Jonin (on Tribunal Records) are set to open the show. Should be fun times. Confessor are also playing Saturday night at the Maryland Deathfest if you are attending that.

Confessor-May-181-e1336672591138.jpg

I have only missed one Confessor show since I first saw them when I was fifteen at the 'Condemed' release party. Just so happens that the one show I missed was with Non Fiction.
It pains me to miss this show, thinking it could possibly never happen again. But I opted to go to Ragnarokkr, after all it is one of the best to metal festival line ups in the country this year. I assure you it was a very difficult decision though.

My first Confessor show and first ever club show, the night this was shot and I'm in there somewhere too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw them open for Trouble several years ago in fucking Fayetteville, NC. It was an amazing show. I actually bought a Confessor shirt over a Trouble shirt I was so impressed. I can't wait to see them again at MDF! They rule! It's gonna be loud as shit, though, so I'd pack some earplugs if you're going to this gig.

Saw them open for Trouble several years ago in fucking Fayetteville, NC. It was an amazing show. I actually bought a Confessor shirt over a Trouble shirt I was so impressed. I can't wait to see them again at MDF! They rule! It's gonna be loud as shit, though, so I'd pack some earplugs if you're going to this gig.

I should be there, as i am going to help the band with merch duty. besides earplugs i will be bringing the sunscreen because i heard we merch peeps are outside! hahahaha. i suffered from sun poisoning at Hellfest way back in 2000 so i am not going through that mess again. hahaha.

I am bummed BIG TIME that i cannot be there for Sunday and MORGOTH. i would kill to see them.

There's also a shit ton of great doom metal on Sunday as well. Saint Vitus, Electric Wizard, Yob, Church of Misery, Rwake, Cough. The festival is gonna be nuts.

I'll stop by and chat for sure if you are there...I gotta pick up that Confessor disc from you.

Finally sat down to read the liners and watched the DVD; I was at one of the shows and the other one was the only NC show I ever missed since I first saw them. That show was with Non Fiction.
The linernotes are really well written and serve the band well. I think Jeff pull it quite nicely and he was right on spot.
I really dig the cover, a nice play on the third demo which I have always dug that cover.
It is really nice to hear these recordings cleaned up. Though I most say that I doubt anything will ever change my view on those. 'Condemned' in my eyes. I suppose it was just a special time in my life. I'm so thankful to still have those Earache releases. I like to find second copies someday; Justin will pick them up for a buck a piece tomorrow.
Oh thanks for the shout out Matt. Looking at those fliers; I was at most of those shows. Hey and Sarabellum is on one of those fliers, damn I loved that band.