news.........

LOCALX

Apr 15, 2004
KINGDOM COME have announced the first dates for their upcoming U.S. tour. They are as follows:

Feb. 23 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Feb. 25 - Buffalo, NY @ Rock N Roll Heaven
Feb. 26 - Clifton, NJ @ Dingbatz
Mar. 02 - Long Island, NY @ The Downtown
Mar. 18 - Las Vegas, NV @ Tailspin
Mar. 24 - Sacramento, CA @ Roadhouse

KINGDOM COME will reportedly perform a retrospective setlist consisting of material spanning the group's entire career — from the '80s classics such as "Get It On" all the way to the tracks found on recent releases "Independent" and "Perpetual".

KINGDOM COME's most recent album, "Perpetual", was released in August through Frontiers Records.
********************************************************************************************************************
Reunited North Carolina-based progressive metallers CONFESSOR will be releasing a live DVD in February. The DVD will consist of performances from the group's early days in 1988 and will take the viewer through the '90s when the band was signed to Earache Records, all the way up to the group's latest show months back in Raleigh, North Carolina. The DVD will also include CONFESSOR's MTV video for the song "Condemned".

For more information, visit the band's official web site.

CONFESSOR, who are currently being represented by CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's former management company, split up in the early '90s after releasing one full-length album (1991's "Condemned") and EP (1992's "Confessor"), with the with the rhythm section going on to form FLY MACHINE. CONFESSOR reformed in 2002 following the death of guitarist Ivan Colon, who passed away due to cardiac complications.

Kingdom Come is the best Zeppelin tribute that Europe has to offer! Then again, if they did come to Chicago, I'd probably go see them. Besides, it would probably be at J.J. Kelly's, so it wouldn't cost any more than five bucks! Are you with me, Langkowski? If so, bring more blow!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

BLIND GUARDIAN frontman Hansi Kürsch has posted the following message at the group's official web site:

"Though you have not heard a lot from us during the last months we have not been lazy at all. There are a lot of things going on at the moment. Just to mention a few: the DEMONS AND WIZARDS production is making good progress and the same can be said about the songwriting for the next BLIND GUARDIAN album which is at a very important point.

"André [Olbrich, guitar] and I have completed five songs for the new album and 10 songs for the orchestral project. Yesterday, we had a meeting with Charlie Bauerfeind (who is going to produce both albums) during which we have set up a rough schedule for the next months. We definitely will start the production within the year and it won't take as much time to accomplish it as it did with 'A Night at the Opera'.

"With regards to the next DEMONS AND WIZARDS album I am happy to tell you that five songs have been mixed for it already and that there are seven more to go. How many of them we are going to use for the regular album and how many we will use as bonus material I can't tell you right now. There are 11 Schaffer/Kürsch songs and one cover tune. We will be done with everything mid-February. The album surely will be released in late spring, or early summer. I am very pleased with the songs and so is Jon [Schaffer, ICED EARTH mainman]. My favorite tune at the moment is called 'Touched by the Crimson King'. We have not spoken about an album title yet but have to make a decision rather soon. I will let you know."