Roll Call for the Cleveland, OH show

Sonnenritter

Jul 31, 2002
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
Who all is going to be there? For those who go to Agora often, do you think it will sell out or should I purchase tickets in advance? Sucks though, I have to drive 6 or 7 hours from West Virginia. It'll be worth it though! That's for damn sure.

right here......8-10 hr. drive

I was wondering about Agora too...not because of tickets, I already have those, but I'm just wondering how big it is and stuff? There are pics at their website, but they're only of like the bar/lobby area.

I'll be there! I'm coming from Pittsburgh because I didn't think Opeth were going to play here in Pittsburgh, they posted a late Pittsburgh date after I already bought Cleveland Tickets. But hey it will be a good road trip.

Got my tickets already purchased and await receiving them in the mail. Only an hour drive from Canton, so that's nice. And hopefully the sound mix well be up to par. The Agora Ballroom has sporadic mixers, so that it's excellent during a Vehemence show and the Nile/Arch Enemy show, but it's been less than stellar for others.

Looking forward to it, at any rate.

For those of your from Cleveland, or have been to the Agora before: what kind of place/neighborhood is it located in (i.e. super ghetto, nice, etc. etc.)? My friends and I will probably end up going to the Cleveland show because the NY one is apparantly on a Sunday and not a Friday as I thought it was, and we're looking to stay at a motel that's right by the Agora. If it's a reasonably safe place, we'll probably crash there. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

It's in the ghetto :) They will be in the ballroom part which fits a couple hundred people. 3 Doors Down is in the theater part that is bigger. I'll be the big dude wearing a black and orange harley jacket with mutton chops

Hey, Agora's website says that the ballroom room, which is the one Opeth will be in, holds approximately 700 people (albeit seated, more than likely, but this is still a good estimation).

The Agora is in a shitty part of town, a total ghetto. Get a hotel on the West Side, preferrable close to the airport. The last time I went to the Agora when they had two shows going on at once it was totally awful. I don't think it will be as crowded as that show. That was In Flames and Iced Earth played with a rave goingon in the Theatre (talk about your mixed crowd).
It will probably not sell out, but it will suck if that is true that another band playing in the Theatre. Fuck, now I am pissed! Either way, I will be there.
Out of towners, I repeat, STAY ON THE WEST SIDE NEAR THE AIRPORT! East 55th and Euclid is a total shithole. You will see the hustlers hovering around the place. As a Clevelander let me tell you that Cleveland really is a great place, but this particular neighborhood sucks badly.
To leave take E 55th street South and take it to SR 71 S, get off at W. 150th Street (About 8 miles). There are several hotels there and it is quite safe.

Don't stay downtown. If you go south of town there are a bunch of hotels in the Middleburgh Heights area at the Snow Rd exit. I know there is a Holiday Inn Express right there. That exit it just north of 80 so it's pretty close to any escape route out of Cleveland

http://www.cleveland.com/visit/

Like I said, anywhere in the vicinity of the airport is a good place to stay. Everything is off of SR 71 S. From West 150th to Pearl Rd. every exit has hotels. Avoid the East Side unless you go East of E. 185 and I am not too familiar with the exact locations of hotels there although I know there are some off of SR 2 about 15 minutes East of the Agora.