Rollcall for Opeth at the HoB in Chicago 9/24

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Anyone else here going to the show?

Also...FYI...in case you were hoping to see Nachtmystium (as I was out of curiousity), they dropped off the tour recently. According to the rumor mill, they got booted for being asses...but who knows if that's true. If it is, what a bunch of dumbfucks! Talk about fucking up an amazing opportunity!!

I dig their new disc, but I've seen them enough times already. Don't really feel like I'm missing all that much. Still, I expect they'll put on another tight show and that the new material will go over well.

Their setlist for this tour is pretty cool. TNATSW was epic at the Chronology show a few years back.

Agreed. :headbang: So glad I got to see that Chronology tour, though having seating on the floor of the HOB was pretty lame, IMO.

The show was amazing last night, as always. Pretty full house. I was with a few folks who had never seen them live before, and they were blown away. There were no pillows present, John. :p

I'm sure having seats was better than being sardine'd in the back up against the restaurant railing!

Actually, I was standing by the bar railing that night. They were completely anal that night. They allowed one row of people against the bar and one row against that railing. They were obsessed with keeping a clear path. Nothing essentially wrong with that but it was a bit extreme. Haven't seen the HOB do that ever since.

Yeah, I was at that chronology show with pate. The sound from the back was great. Having an asshole who is a foot taller than you decide the best place for him to stop is right in front of you? Lame as hell.

And I definitely came to know the people I was standing around far more personally than I would have liked. Of course, I had the same pleasure for Testament and Iced Earth at Powerfest '08. I think I got to second base with the iron railing, too. :lol:

Verytallman.png

Even the very tall need to see the show!

I hope everyone brought there pillows. Opeth live = nap time

I have to admit that I was of the same thinking before I finally saw them. I'm not trying to convert you, I'm just saying.

Good show indeed, I was happy to see a nice turnout for a Wednesday night, lots of kids up front. I managed to get about 5 feet from the barricade in front of Mendez, that dude is the best bass player with the worst stage presence in metal! :p

I have to admit that I was of the same thinking before I finally saw them. I'm not trying to convert you, I'm just saying.

Good show indeed, I was happy to see a nice turnout for a Wednesday night, lots of kids up front. I managed to get about 5 feet from the barricade in front of Mendez, that dude is the best bass player with the worst stage presence in metal! :p

Ha! I can't be converted!!!! I've seen them live and it was the most boring thing I've ever seen. No energy, no presence, just dudes standing on stage playing their parts and nothing else. Even Dream Theatre ain't that bad live!