Ron needs "medical" help, sort of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjarz

May 4, 2003
Visit site
The project that I'm working on with Alex Webster and Chris Adler is putting together somewhat of an instrumental concept CD, with songs titles relating to topics such as brain activity/inactivity, sleep, narcolepsy, REM, oscillation cycles, etc...

In the CD booklet, we are planning on having a graphic for each song, as well as a paragraph or two explaining the medical side of things, and a few thoughts about the subject.

I have already found someone to do the graphics (http://www.astraldesign.net/), but I'm still looking for someone in the medical field to help write a few words to get the concept across, so that the music will be far more effective.

You guys have helped me get in touch with incredible players (Alex Webster, Jeff Eber) and so I thought I'd ask again for your help.

Thanks again,
Ron
ronjarz@satx.rr.com

Derek and Steven,
Thanks for the emails! The help is very much appreciated...

Chameleons,
Not sure if you're goofing with me, but...

Wow, why didn't I think of that?! Look in a glossary somewhere! If I would have done a search on the internet, googled "sleep" and "brain inactivity", or gone to a few Barnes and Nobles and Borders books stores months ago, I would have come up with titles like "Oscillation Cycles - Beta, Alpha, Theta, and Delta", "Adenosine breakdown", "EEG Tracings", "Narcolepsy", "Brain Fingerprinting", and "Synaptic Plasticity".

Also, I'm thinking that I don't really need a graphic artist like Anthony Alanis at Astral Design to do the photography and graphics. I can just draw some stickmen. That should be good enough. LOL...

In another thread, you asked me for advice on speed, accuracy, and practicing with a metronome. You should be able to find some of that stuff in a Mel Bay book at your local record store. Or just do a search on the net, there's lots of tab stuff out there.

Ron

P.S. On a serious note, I would heavily suggest sticking with the metronome. And yes, play licks slow at first, then play the same lick pushing the tempo up maybe 5 or 10 BPM. When you get that clean and accurate, push it up another 5 or 10 BPM. And don't tense up!

ronjarz said:
Derek and Steven,
Thanks for the emails! The help is very much appreciated...

Chameleons,
Not sure if you're goofing with me, but...

Wow, why didn't I think of that?! Look in a glossary somewhere! If I would have done a search on the internet, googled "sleep" and "brain inactivity", or gone to a few Barnes and Nobles and Borders books stores months ago, I would have come up with titles like "Oscillation Cycles - Beta, Alpha, Theta, and Delta", "Adenosine breakdown", "EEG Tracings", "Narcolepsy", "Brain Fingerprinting", and "Synaptic Plasticity".

Also, I'm thinking that I don't really need a graphic artist like Anthony Alanis at Astral Design to do the photography and graphics. I can just draw some stickmen. That should be good enough. LOL...

In another thread, you asked me for advice on speed, accuracy, and practicing with a metronome. You should be able to find some of that stuff in a Mel Bay book at your local record store. Or just do a search on the net, there's lots of tab stuff out there.

Ron

P.S. On a serious note, I would heavily suggest sticking with the metronome. And yes, play licks slow at first, then play the same lick pushing the tempo up maybe 5 or 10 BPM. When you get that clean and accurate, push it up another 5 or 10 BPM. And don't tense up!

Right on. Mel Bay... lol.

Steven,
I sent you a response a few hours after I got your email, but it got returned this morning "due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server".

Do you have another email address other than the phtech?

Ron

ronjarz said:
Steven,
I sent you a response a few hours after I got your email, but it got returned this morning "due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server".

Do you have another email address other than the phtech?

Ron

Dammit. That would be our wonderful IT staff for ya.
Sorry about that.

check your email again :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.