Ron's Video's

guitarslave

New Metal Member
Jul 6, 2005
DAAAAAAMN RON!!!
Those Video's from Machinations of Dementia are BAD @$$!!!
I can't wait to hear this CD when it comes out. This is what Music should sound like. :headbang:

Finally the rumour is dead!! It's been circulating for a while that Ron was joining forces with 2 guys from the extreme metal field. Alex Webster was almost a certain, but for the drummer there was no clue!! I am thrilled that Ron is working with Alex. Despite most of you dislike Cannibal Corpse, Alex is a very skilled and gifted bass player. Try to see the bonus dvd of their last album, The Wretched Spawn, and your jaws will drop, I assure you!!!!!!

1) That's not grindcore vocals, that's old-school death metal vocals (not sure about Dying Fetus because I can't remember much about that band other than I really don't like them).
2) Last I heard, they're ditching vocals altogether, which is the perfectly right decision in my book.

When I first started up this project, I was thinking of having vocals, but wasn't sure what type of vocals would fit (by the way, I am not a fan of cookie monster vocals). After getting in touch with Alex and Chris, they both wanted to do an all instrumental album, which was fine with me. I could have gone either way. This way, I don't have to find a suitable vocalist, spend any time writing lyrics, and listeners can totally focus on the music.

I think that's what most tech/prog fans want anyway.

Ron

You damn right. Perhaps this can be released in the near future? That'll give me an excuse to shelve all this great "progressive" keyboard metal.

ronjarz said:
When I first started up this project, I was thinking of having vocals, but wasn't sure what type of vocals would fit (by the way, I am not a fan of cookie monster vocals). After getting in touch with Alex and Chris, they both wanted to do an all instrumental album, which was fine with me. I could have gone either way. This way, I don't have to find a suitable vocalist, spend any time writing lyrics, and listeners can totally focus on the music.

I think that's what most tech/prog fans want anyway.

Ron

cool, thanks

gypsyshred said:
You damn right. Perhaps this can be released in the near future? That'll give me an excuse to shelve all this great "progressive" keyboard metal.
Hehe, I'm sure it'll be released when it's done.

Yeah, giving out a release date is pointless when you are so far from completion. It just leads to trouble. As I mentioned on the news section, Alex Webster will be going on tour with Cannibal Corpse in early 2006 (probably April), so if he isn't done recording all of his parts by that time, we'll be in for a serious delay. And so even though Chris (Adler) has barely touched the songs, Alex is already recording his master tracks. I just talked to Chris two days ago, and he'll be back home from touring in two weeks. Hopefully, he can start recording soon...

Ron

Ron, those videos are amazing! And more importantly, they sound great. Those riffs rule, and even with the drum machine stuff, they get stuck in my head right away. Can't wait to hear how they sound full realized. Also, I think an instrumental album is the right choice, the world needs more instrumental metal of that caliber! Great stuff so far!

Also, that Circle Of 12 Tones stuff is insane! I don't really play guitar, but I understand some theory, but it's way over my head. But it sure leads to some wicked sounding riffs.

Can't wait for the album, but take your time as needed. It'll be worth the wait.

moin moin,

Ron, did you use the Circle of 12 Tones in all the new compositions? It is sure a very good way to obtain new sounding riffs/melodies but did you use any other techniques to form/create new riffs?

...just pure interest....

alright, greetings from Bonn

We are using the "Circle of 12 tones" system on maybe 75% of the material. Alex and I were writing for a few months before I came up with it, so there's some songs that are using "normal" music theory that we've used in the past. We are both whole tone and half/whole tone freaks, so that's being used quite a bit. The cool thing is a lot of times you can fit the the whole tone scale into the circle, since it has 6 notes.

About the next WatchTower album, we are at a major standstill...

Ron

LOL!

But we are still on track! 'Energetic Disassembly' was released in the 80's, 'Control And Resistance' was released in the 90's, so we have 4 more years to complete the next one.

Sad...

Ron