Roskilde

raccyd

Nov 27, 2002
dorset, england
www.theflashers.tk
anyone here going to roskilde festival in the summer?? maiden and metallica- oh yes. i'm aiming to get over from england for it and camp for the 5 days or whatever, anyone ever done that coz i wanna know what it's like...??

also, how do you pronounce roskilde- it's doing my head in when people keep correcting me in different ways

i was there last year, saw satyricon and slayer. it was nice, but i was so worn out and tired the last 2 days i can hardly remember anything, the beer consumption may have something to with it, but i'm not sure ;)

anyway it was a nice laid-back festival, didn't see a single fight or argue, the reason for this may have been that the weed, which was very easy to come by, perhaps made people a bit mellow :)

if you want a good place for your camp, you better be there some days earlier or else you camp may been crammed in between the other camps and two "roads" and you wont get any contact with passing people, then you have to move yourself which can be a real hassle if your full of beer and green hehe.

the pronuciation of roskilde is impossible to type, because it's in danish and they've got a very funny way of pronouncing "r" :) nothing that exists in english, you'll learn the proper way after you've been there for a while :)
cheers

naaah... i dont know yet, metallica would be nice to see live once in your life even tho i doubt they will play anything pre "and justice", or do they play older material on their conserts? great if so. but it seems my friends can't come, money-problems etc :( and i wont go by myselft, but we'll see later on
cheers :)

Im from Denmark, and have been at Roskilde a couple of times... I worked there last year, and I must kind of disagree in the fact, that no crimilality happens... It does; many fugitives robs tents... There were about 20-40 per day.. Violence could happen Sunday (the last day), which is known as Ragnarok, because everyone goes insane and smashes up camps... Very cool though... I love it!

Dont get me wrong; I have never been robbed, and Roskilde might be the best festival for drinking beers, smoking weed and score chicks... The fact, that there´s a little metal too, makes it even better.. Go there... NOW!

Post Scriptum:
The most laid back, and my favorite festival is definately Wacken... First time I was affraid of my car was gonna get crashed... If you had a car on the campsite at Roskilde, some weirdo would steal or smash it without doubt! Not on Wacken; it´s metallers, who´s got that in common... Everyone are friends downthere... Wacken Rules! See you in 198 days!

yeah well it's a bit different when you work there, then you will hear of most of the thefts and when you're just an ordinary visitor. but hey, what do i know, i've only been there once a perhaps i was just lucky none robbed my tent.

i think the ragnarök thing is silly, i didn't participate i just stood by the fires and tried to stay warm :)
some bum tried to throw one of my pals sleeping-bag into the fire to, those kind of things i dont like at all :| but i think that was the only negative thing i can remember.

yeah i'd love to wacken but my friends taste in music is somewhat crappy, to say the least, and i don't wanna go to a festival alone :(

Post Scriptum: the stuff that's written above you avatar has a grammar-error, it should be "where lost souls travel" :p, you'll have to excuse me, i just have to correct stuff like that :)
cheers.

Hey dude; thanks for the correction.. In fact, I know it, but I have never noticed it :D

Anyways, I understand why you dont want to go to Wacken alone, but I assure you.. No one is alone on Wacken... Last year, we met a guy, John, who by his own was on Wacken.. All the way from Canada!!! That´s insane! He was cool though, and we invited him to sleep at our camp.. It turned out, that many has offered him the same (Wacken is like that); ´cause he was a really cool guy, but he prefered to stay at our camp, because we were cool as well... hehehe...

Anyways, I know Metalized arrange bustrips from Sweden, and then you are a bus full of metalheads camping together.. www.metalized.net . . . If they dont do it anymore, Im sure other arrangements are made in the same direction...

CHEERS!

haha, that's really impressive going all the way from canada to europe all alone :) sounds like a great festival indeed, hopefully i can go there sometime, but this year it'll be roskilde, i had some beer with my mates and we started talking memories from last time and i understood i had to go there again :)

Though as cool as it would be to see Maiden again, I think it would be a waste of money, to go to Roskilde only to see them...I dont think I would bother to see Metallica...

But I would really like to go to Wacken...