rough clip of my band (first Song), Bogner+Savage

hmm, the one I used for blending consisted of 4-5 different hits.
I really can't tell if I recorded that sample myself some time ago or if I found it in a collection on my drive....possible though.

Recently I learned to like the In Flames style snares, I'll perhaps record some samples soon and try to match that tone.

I like this song a lot man. I think the drums sound wicked and are heaps 'clicky' sounding but still have enough chunk to them to make the mix fill out heaps.

The guitar tones are nice and aggressive too.

Good stuff. :)

the guitars sound PERFECT.

the only think i dont "like" is the clean vocals but thats just a matter of personal taste

Wait, these drums are 100% real?

nope, but the mic'd sounds are an essential part of the sound (so are the overheads), so even if I gave you the samples I blended in you wouldn't have the same sound, cause the miced tracks etc would be missing.
the sound you're hearing is a combination of both the mics and a sample, with the mics being pretty loud in the mics.
And since I didn't record samples of the kit this time the only way to get you the sounds is to export the soloed tracks so you can cut them yourself.

I like it :)
The song has this HSB/Maroon feeling. The clean vocals are not my cup of tea.
I love the roughness, but I would make some more space for the vocals to come through the wall of guitars.
Also I would bring up the snare a bit, and lower the overall mastering volume a bit:)

I really liked the production actually, reminded me of kinda newer soilwork/in flames.
My only complaint would be some of the leads are a little too quiet, especially on the sweeps which (no offense meant by this really) to me indicidates that the parts should be a little tighter from a playing perspective. Apart from that you guys are really tight sounding

Liked the tune too, would definetly listen to that more. Got a link to you guys myspace or something?

Listen and now I want to say:
Lasse, I don't know why but I always thinked you had a Death metal band:lol: What a surprise to hear this...
Sound promising exept for a couple of guitar part (tap part sound strange in harmony view imo). Exept this, cool Caliban vibe (in a good way)...
That all

Listen and now I want to say:
Lasse, I don't know why but I always thinked you had a Death metal band:lol: What a surprise to hear this...
Sound promising exept for a couple of guitar part (tap part sound strange in harmony view imo). Exept this, cool Caliban vibe (in a good way)...
That all

thanks..

yeah, I also play in Incubator, which is DM.

I hear you about the harmonies...the other guitarist did his tapping in 16th and the we recorded triplets underneath...the same problem the other way round pops up in the second sweep-part (after that pause) when I play triplets and the drums and guit play 16th...
that came with the hurried recordings...I'll think about fixing that.

I'll also try to export the kick and snare, but that won't be before febuary....
Nic (Pifos2) should have finished the synths soon, I'll post an update when the song is finished

thanks..

yeah, I also play in Incubator, which is DM.

I hear you about the harmonies...the other guitarist did his tapping in 16th and the we recorded triplets underneath...the same problem the other way round pops up in the second sweep-part (after that pause) when I play triplets and the drums and guit play 16th...
that came with the hurried recordings...I'll think about fixing that.

I'll also try to export the kick and snare, but that won't be before febuary....
Nic (Pifos2) should have finished the synths soon, I'll post an update when the song is finished

Just see reply :)notworthy):lol:
Finally I didn't thinked totally out (I love Incubator):headbang:

Now I waiting february to hear new vers with little fix...